1.    #1  
    Okay I tried using the newest TomTom (version 6) on my Treo 600, I was going to use that permanently in one car, and then use the 700p with the bluetooth GPS in one of my family's other two depending on which I use. When I run the program on the 600, I get an error message "Free Memory Too Small: Not enough Dynamic Heap Memory to run this application." So, I think no problem, and install a trial of UDMH onto it. However, I still get the same error. Is there some other limitation thats preventing me from using this?

I assume if anything, its the low-res screen, but I was really hoping it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay I tried using the newest TomTom (version 6) on my Treo 600, I was going to use that permanently in one car, and then use the 700p with the bluetooth GPS in one of my family's other two depending on which I use. When I run the program on the 600, I get an error message "Free Memory Too Small: Not enough Dynamic Heap Memory to run this application." So, I think no problem, and install a trial of UDMH onto it. However, I still get the same error. Is there some other limitation thats preventing me from using this?

I assume if anything, its the low-res screen, but I was really hoping it would work.
    In UDHM settings, add custom settings for Tom Tom. Check "clean up for app" and enter 99999 into the "Show _____k of memory for this app" field; I've never had "0 or blank for auto" work for me.

I've got TT5 on my Treo 650, though, so I have no idea if you'll be able to make it run on a 600. I used Mapopolis on my 600, back in the day, which is a somewhat simpler app, and it ran a little slow...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that made the app load, however it crashes after you select a voice, just like I've read that the 600 did with older versions.
    So you're on the latest version and the bug is unfixed? Might be SOL, in that case...

Mapopolis is a pretty nice program. Second-best for sure, but it'll do the job. It also has the benefit of mapping between maps, rather than requiring larger regional maps.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I've used Mapopolis before, and greatly prefer the TomTom interface (although I've read that the Navteq maps that Mapopolis uses are more accurate than the Teleatlas ones that TomTo uses- haven't noticed a difference myself), so I was hoping TomTom would work but apparently not. I'd guess the program just wasn't written for a 160x160 device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd guess the program just wasn't written for a 160x160 device.
    Definitely a possibility. If you can afford the upgrade to a 650, it's well worth the cost... not just for Tom Tom.
  7.    #7  
    No, I just got a 700p as a new phone, but just was trying to figure out some use for the old 600 that I had lying around, I don't really need it for the GPS or anything, I just had hoped it would work.