Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread discussing relatively unknown gems. Chatter, Directory Assistant etal arereat and well-documented on these boards. But there are some apps that make your Treo terrific but no one knows about.

Here's my list (and links would be nice since these may be hard to find):

Stock Broker Pro
    http://www.palmgear.com/satellite/index.cfm?siteid=922
    Real-time quotes, scheduled updates, multiple portfolios. Alerts.

MacroPlay
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=81929
    Macros. Enough said?
    Any repetitive task can be automated and scheduled to recur at any interval.
    Got a program that the developer won't add scheduled updates for? Set up a macro.
    Need to turn off the radio at midnight, soft reset at 3:45AM and turn the Treo back on at 5:00AM? Done.
    Want to have Chatter check your mail before you get up but not make any sound? Set up a macro to disable sounds first, then check email with Chatter, and turn the sound back on so your alarms can wake you up.

Splash Money
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=14357
    Wireless credit card and bank transaction downloads. Keep track of every expense you incur (except cash items). I never used to track my expenses because it was too cumbersome. Now I just hit update and it's all done automatically, so you only have to enter cash expenses.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    No Doubt! HandyShopper
    free has a yahoo group with lots of help and a checklist program that can be adept to just about anything!

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=1&prodID=1350

Alicia
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by camarodreamer View Post
    No Doubt! HandyShopper
    free has a yahoo group with lots of help and a checklist program that can be adept to just about anything!

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=1&prodID=1350

Alicia
    Handy shopper looks great. That's exactly why I started this thread. I think some of the best apps are never discussed here. I would not have known about HS if you did not post it here. Thanks.
    I use Hours since its first release every single day so I can keep all information about work hours. Peter had done some changes for me so it is as I need and want... Unfortunatly no updates anymore but it always the first app I install when changing devices... And it is free!
  5.    #5  
    Keep em coming. Freebies are even better. I took a look at Handy Shopper and it looks like it will replace my tasks list.
    Holiday USA populates your Treo with all the holidays for years to come. Freebie.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Minitones
    Gridlock
    NVBackup
  8.    #8  
    HandyShopper is a great app. I'm going to join their group. Gridlock seems like an app I use to use called Traffic. I can't wait to try out HildayUSA.
    You make me feel better! I was afraid everyone would laugh at me. The latest and greatest List app that I am aware of is ListPro that does have a desktop companion, however I have used HS for years and after trying LP for a month I can't find a true reason to put out the money!

Alicia
    A good backup program is under appreciated until you need it. SplashID is under appreciated until you forget one of your many passwords, usernames, or accounts.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Just looking through my list for ones I use a lot but which dont get mentioned much:

Blue Moon

Look At Me

Tide Tool

StudyCard (if you have a Mac)

Adarian Money

First three are freeware.
    I'm starting to use SharkLinks a lot more lately. It allows you to create an icon for a website which you can just tap on to go there directly. It can save a lot of time (over time).
    I really think Phone Technician is under-rated as a volume enhancer. I love it and its so easy to use.
  14.    #14  
    Wassdat changes the way you use the web to search. It let's you define search engines and then simply pop up the app and enter the text you want to search. Then it opens the results page with your browser.

LClipDA allows you to have 10, 4k clipboards. I copied 32k and it split the material among 8 clipboards. Freeware!!!
  15.    #15  
    A little clarification on Wassdat: say you're reading a QuickNews article and read about the Treo Lowrider. You want to search the web for it. You press the find key, type in Treo Lowrider, then select Google, and you're taken to the results.

Want to search eBay for Treo 700wxs? Same thing, type Treo 700wx from ANY app and select eBay as your search engine instead.

And you can create your own engines. I use it to search amazon, sports stats, weather, etc.
    Link Start is an easy, fast way to run apps from a memory card. It's not fancy, but it's free, saves a ton of memory, and works reliably.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe View Post
    I really think Phone Technician is under-rated as a volume enhancer. I love it and its so easy to use.
    Have you tried VolumeCare from Jeff Gibson? If so, how does Phone Technician compare?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I love TV2nite. Especially since the new fall season is here and you can have your favorite shows appear on the calendar as a reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    Have you tried VolumeCare from Jeff Gibson? If so, how does Phone Technician compare?
    I have tried both and currently use Phone Technician to enhance volume. IMO it is much easier to use, albeit not as feature packed. VolumeCare offers many customizable settings and enhancements to the various audio pieces of the Treo (Mic, speaker, headset) and if you set them up right it certainly works. Thing that bothers me is the constant updating of the SW (new version releases)...so much so that you have to wonder why it can't be more stable. I have had some issues w resets, volume levels not being saved and the like. I will say this, the developer is the best communicator here and would work to solve any problems, I just want it to work 100% "out of the box".

That being said, it is still on my Treo and will surely get another try sometime soon
    Last edited by ttrundle; 09/20/2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Where do I get this from? Sounds interesting!

Thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I love TV2nite. Especially since the new fall season is here and you can have your favorite shows appear on the calendar as a reminder.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast