1.    #1  
    I found myself needing to record a lecture and having nothing but my TREO700p. The internal Voice Memo ver 1.4 seemed to do a good job, yet I need to covert this to .mp3 or .wav or some other popular format.

Does anyone know a way to accomplish this, other than to play it back through a patch cord into voice recorder which would generate additional static/noise?

Thanks,

JI
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    http://www.cdmatech.com/products/purevoice_download.jsp

Download PureVoice Converter 3.1 for Windows. On your computer, drag the QCP file over the pvconv.exe and let go. A wav will be created in that same folder.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but the file is not in QCP, rather it is a pdb. Are there any other options?
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    It will be tough to do what you want with VoiceMemo. I recommend Audacity. A great recorder. You can record to either internal or SD Card. Just Sync and the files get transfered to the PC in a format that you can listen to or convert to something else. Here is the link: www.AudacityAudio.com.
    Hi,

I just dealt with this same exact problem myself this morning. you'll need to use your treo to email the voice memo to yourself (palm has a knowledge base document on how to do this on their support page if you cannot readily figure it out - I'd include the link but I am writing this from my treo at a doctor appt.). then, once you have the file, use the previous poster's link to the qualcomm pure voice application to listen to it. from there you can "save as" a wav file if you'd like. and of course there are several wav to mp3 conversion tools out there if you want to put it back onto your treo in a smaller, more distributable format. if this doesn't make sense let me know and i'll write more extensive instructions from a full computer tonight.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    I just saw that the link was to the converter tool instead of the full blown app. that is a much more elegant solution b/c it would not require any s/w to be installed. still, you'll need to email the memo to yourself using versamail or some other client on your treo. from versamail, it is quite easy because you can select voice memo as the type of file and you'll find the memo quite easily in that manner. good luck.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
  7.    #7  
    Well, nothing can ever be too easy.....
    Emailing won't work. The voice memo is over 6 meg, too big to send.

I guess I'll just transfer by wire to a voice recorder.

Thanks anyway to all.
    That's too bad. For the record, after going through this same exercise yesterday, I purchased mVoice 5.0. It was $25 and will surely be very useful to me given my poor memory and the insane amount of information I suck in daily.