1.    #1  
    My new Lightspeed QFRxCc aviation headset has a 3.5mm dual interface, which functions for either an stereo interface or a cellular - looks like a similar trick to the 650 - 4 pins. They provide a 4 connector 3.5mm to 3 connector 3.5mm audio cable, and a 4 connector 3.5mm to 3 connector 2.5mm for cellular.

When I connect the cellular cable to my Treo, I get stereo sound from players. When I try to use it as a phone, I hear the call, but my outgoing audio is distorted, full of whistling and microphone feedback sounds.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the interface for both audio and cellular. If not, then cellular only.

Any suggestions? What type of adapter do I need?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I hope you solve this.
    I'm interested in an aviation noise-cancelling headset which can also interface with my 650...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  3.    #3  
    Hi Keith,

I found a good explanation here, http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...dapter-review/

so I posted a comment. Looks like what I need is a 3.5mm 4 connector to 2.5mm 4 connector cable. I will get one and try it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing the info...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    You guys are on the wrong track.

If you are refering to real (pilot) aviation headsets, and not consumer headphones you will need this $100 adaptor from Sportys. http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....10216&CATID=94

It's a splice through device that gets plugged into the plane and the headset plugged into it. It has a 2.5mm audio input, so you will need the treo adaptor as well. I use it with my Bose headset on long cross countries.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Looks good.
    Thanks for the info Jason.
  7.    #7  
    Since the Lightspeed headset (aviation, not consumer), has a built in cellular interface, the sporty's adapter is unnecessary.

I ordered a few 2.5mm and 3.5mm 4 conductor plugs to play with, and contacted Lightspeed to ask about wiring in the Cellular interface.

To my delight, they shipped me a Treo specific adapter without charge, and it works fine. (I don't know if it has any electronics in it - there is a tiny plastic box connecting two cables).

So I recommend you buy a Lightspeed headset with a cellular interface (most models), and request the Treo cable at the time you order.

www.anrheadset.com

Edwin