Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I purchased a treo 700P from Sprint. I have had a treo 600 and treo 650. I found that the battery life for the treo 700p is very short. The battery goes dead in the afternoon(one half of the working day. When I was using the treo 650 or treo 600. Has anybody finding a significant shorter battery life on their 700p in relation to the Treo 650 ? Inaddition,
    My 700p lasts as long as my 650 did. A lot of it has to do with what programs you run and how they are running. There have been a few posts with more details. Do a search and you should get a more detailed answer to your issue.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    My phone will last as long as the 650 did if I do not run Chatter. WIth Chatter open I barely make it through an afternoon without some charging at my desk.
    I don't use Chatter, or any programs that run actively in the background. Basically, my 700p will run a couple of days if I leave it alone, with just the radio on. If I use it aggressively, checking email every hour, checking sports scores, sending text messages back and forth in rapid fire fashion then it will last me about five or six hours. Given such a wide gammit of usage patterns its not entirely possible to get an accurate comparison of how the battery life is. When I use it like a laptop computer, it uses battery just like my laptop. If I treat it like a cellphone it lasts more like a cellphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    My 700p lasts as long as my 650 did. A lot of it has to do with what programs you run and how they are running. There have been a few posts with more details. Do a search and you should get a more detailed answer to your issue.

Few posts...more like a few threads with gripes about the well known less battery life of the 700p.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I found Verichat (the 'hacked' version that makes it work on the 700p) was causing huge drain on my battery. It was in expired status as I let the trial finish out while I thought about whether or not I wanted to keep it. I just had it installed in RAM and hadn't ran the program in a few weeks. After deleteing it from RAM, doing a soft reboot to remove locks on a couple of files and then deleting those... I'm getting great battery life while still using the phone, checking scores, texting, etc.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    The problem is 3rd party software. I bought a second Treo 700p for my wife and it sat activated but no used for almost a week. At the end of that time it still had 22% battery remaining.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    what i found when i had my treo checking my school email and gmail that my battery life was awful. like by the end of a 16 hour day, were talking about 20% left. i then stopped autochecking gmail and im easily able to make the battery last 3 days, thats with heavy texting from the bar, ****ty service in my room, and lots of internet during class.