1.    #1  
    In the last few days without any warning when I go to use my Treo 650 and press any of the usual buttons to wake it up it doesn't wake up. The green light is flashing but no matter what I do it won't light up and work. I tried taking the SD card out to see if that jolts it but the only way to get it to work again is to do a reset under the battery cover. It doesn't happen all the time and I don't know what is new that would have caused it. A couple weeks ago I got a new high speed (150x) 2gb SD card (before I had a regular speed Sandisc and now the new one is an OCZ) but I don't know why that would be it...and it just started in the last few days. Any ideas???
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I've had this happen once or twice, but never regularly enough to properly diagnose it. What launcher are you using? Any keyboard-related hacks like SharkBtn, TealButton, or HiLauncher? Does it happen only when the card is in?

Also worth noting: we're both on Sprint Treos. I'm on 1.13a, which firmware are you using? I'd like to hear if people on other carriers have ever run into this problem.
    I too have had this problem on the odd occasion....I am on T Mobile. This was with my old 650...my new one will not ring..if it is not one thing it is another.
  4.    #4  
    I use ZLauncher, but haven't changed anything with it lately. I'm on firmware version 1.12
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    I use ZLauncher, but haven't changed anything with it lately. I'm on firmware version 1.12
    Well, no overlap there. What about hacks and system hooks? Do you use YAHM?
    I have this problem periodically with my Treo 650 and I'm on Verizon (most recent update, version 1.04a). In fact, I just had it happen on Saturday and had to do a soft reset. For what it's worth, I noticed the top back of the phone (the area with the camera lens and speaker) was warm and the battery seemed to have drained quite a bit. The phone was in its case, in my bag (as usual).

I don't use any 3rd-party launcher or too many 3rd-party applications. The battery seems to be okay (original Palm battery), with no swelling, discoloration, etc.

I have no idea what causes this---it hasn't happened often---but at least I know I'm not alone with the problem.
    Treo 650, Verizon
    You using PXAClocker and the latest firmware? I have used PXAClocker for quite a while, but with the 1.20/1.71 FW I finally updated recently PXAClocker causes this exact behavior. You can get it to turn on, it just takes about 20 key presses. It's gone now.
    I am using PXAClocker, but I was under the impression that the latest version fixed this problem? I've updated to 5.1, and haven't experienced the problem lately ... but I was experiencing it so rarely to begin with that this isn't exactly a scientifically-sound statistical sampling.

Also, if you still need to overclock, check out WarpSpeed at PalmPowerups.com.
    Same stuff happens to me, but I'm using an unbranded ex-Cingular unlocked GSM with the 1.20 patch and ZLauncher. Only thing that cures it is a soft reset. Only started happening after I opened up my Treo to fix the keyboard once. I think it's too much pressure on the Treo that causes it, as so far it's only happened if it gets crushed in my pocket. Note that this wasn't an issue before I opened up the case.

Oh well, annoying, but life goes on.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  10.    #10  
    I do use YAHM but have used it for a long long time and this just started. I also recently noticed the battery seems to be draining much more quickly than it used to. I have PXAClocker but don't have it activated so that's not it.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    This happens to me a few times a month--it didn't used to be this way. Not too sure how to exlplain the phenomenon either. Sunspots?! I've had my Sprint T650 since May 2005. Perhaps my phone is getting old. I'll keep this thread on my radar.
    I had PXAClocker 5.1 myself, caused the problem 100% of the time for me. I disabled nearly EVERYTHING else to come to the conclusion it was PXAClocker. :-/
    Actually this sounds to me like the 'freezing/slowdown' issue that a lot of people (including me) have experienced. It only happens in areas with low reception and I don't think there is a solution yet. The problem is that any SMS messages sent to you whilst the Treo is 'frozen' will be lost forever! Very annoying.

I have a very low signal where I work and used to experience the problem very rarely. Then I changed carriers to one that had *slightly* better reception (ie: not zero, but not enough to send an SMS) and this seemed to really make the problem more frequent. My guess is that the constant searching for slight bits of signal in a LOW signal area will cause a loop or memory problem in the Treo, however when there's ZERO (no hint of a signal) the Treo will stay dormant.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I have run into it a few times and it seems to always be when I have been sitting in a position that puts pressure on the keyboard just as +Kardboard+ above mentioned. I think what is happening is that multiple keys are being pressed continuously for a period and it overloads the keyboard buffer and confuses the heck out of the Treo. I reset to get it going again but while I have never tried it I suspect that if you wait long enough it might come back on its own. I've never taken mine apart as +Karboard+ did though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    In the last few days without any warning when I go to use my Treo 650 and press any of the usual buttons to wake it up it doesn't wake up. The green light is flashing but no matter what I do it won't light up and work. Any ideas???
    I've had the same problem! Have you ever dropped your Treo?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
    I've had the same problem! Have you ever dropped your Treo?
    Nope. Thankfully.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  17.    #17  
    Any other ideas folks? It didn't do it all weekend long so I thought it was resolved and then already it has happened twice today!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA