1.    #1  
    I'm trying to find some fax software to use with this phone. I've got winfax pro and used it with my previous verizon phone with no problems. Now I can't get it to work with my 700p. It sees it as a modem but can't seem to communicate with it. Any ideas or other software I should try?
  2.    #2  
    I guess I should make it a little more clear.. I'm connecting my phone to my pc via the USB cable and using the software on my pc/laptop. I think it'd be similar to trying to us AOL's dial up through the phone. Anyone ever done that?
    Just curious, what model was your previous phone?

The fax capability was part of a circuict switched data (CSD) option that existed prior to 1xRTT and EVDO broadbnad connections. My suspicion is that because that old CSD network is slow and requires a lot of resources to maintain, Verizon and Sprint are itching to sto supporting it. New phones like the 700p, which are EVDO-capable, likely no longer have the ability to work as a fax.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs112 View Post
    So looking at this, Has anybody had success in getting this program to send and receive on 700p with Verizon?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    You know... I beta tested the Conklin Systems product before the even figured out what they would charge. It worked fine on my 650. But then they priced it at $49. That's $10 more than the amazing email program that I use ALL THE TIME. It's just not worth it IMNSHO. I declined to purchase and got a fax to email service instead.

My suggestion is to get an fax to email service. Then you can send and receive on the Treo via email AND you can send/receive from any desktop/laptop where you can send receive email. I use maxemail but there are plenty that work fine.
    efax works great - especially now that Docs to Go can read PDF files...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    if you can find a copy on the web then mark/space fax works exactly as http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/fax.php
    in fact it looks exactly like mark/space fax (hmmmmmmm)

anyways if you find a copy and use conklinsystems settings- you can send faxes all day long

i have never tried to receive a fax on my vzw 700p