Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have a lot of data stored in Treo and have been using the DateBK5 and Palm Desktop for synchronization for personal and work related data. I just got upgraded to an MS Exchange server at work. I just tried to set up Versamail to sync with the MS Exchange server -- I was successful but then it warned me that all the info in my calendar will be deleted. Once I sync with Versamail/MS Exchange -- how can I get all my personal/work data sync'd into calendar? Will I still be able to do HotSync's with palm desktop? Also -- will I loose all my contact info?

TIA -- I'm obviously a little confused about what happens
    Use other programs (like ChatterMail or Sprint Business Connect or Cingular Xpress Mail) to get to your Exchange Server. If you use Versamail to do this, then it will overwrite your Calendar and Contacts on the Treo/Palm Desktop.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So let me get this straight - once I choose to have my Calendar sync with ActiveSync -- I will no longer be able to use all my data in my native Calendar. Is there a way to sync Outlook with an Exchange server. What if I change my Palm to Sync to an Outlook account - will I then be able to get all my contacts and Calendars into Outlook exchange?
    The calendar and e-mail are sync via Microsoft Active Sync, therefore when you Hotsync, it omits these two operations, when you 'Sync' in versamail, you'll be updating calendar & email from exchange. Calendar functionalities in outlook can be used normally. The only thing that acts differently is the syncing part, MS Active Sync does a decent job.