1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Just got a treo 700p. Wanted to know if I want GPS, do I have to buy any extra hardware for it to work?

Also, is it a subscription only service? (pay $10/mo.) or something? or can I purchase software and it will work? I want real time navigation so i wanted to know my options .Thanks
    Here is a quick link

http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.ph...PS_Accessories

Or just buy the TomTom kit from Palm.com if you are lazy.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Here is a quick link

http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.ph...PS_Accessories

Or just buy the TomTom kit from Palm.com if you are lazy.
    thanks. i figured

so basically get a bluetooth gps reciever and then buy the maps software such as tomtom.

whats a decently priced yet highly rated bt reciever? any recommendations?

thanks
    any holux, but i use the holux gps slim 236
    You don't have to buy anything or get a subscription.. FREE maps/points of interest/navigation with EarthComber. Geocache with GeoNiche (not free but worth the price). There are some GPS utility-like programs such as Coto, Cetus. Also a secondary GeoCaching program called CacheMate. GeoNiche has much nicer features, IMO.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You don't have to buy anything or get a subscription.. FREE maps/points of interest/navigation with EarthComber. Geocache with GeoNiche (not free but worth the price). There are some GPS utility-like programs such as Coto, Cetus. Also a secondary GeoCaching program called CacheMate. GeoNiche has much nicer features, IMO.
    but will these work real time?

i.e. as I am driving it will know where I am and tell me where to turn etc.?

I should be reading the faqs and websites but just wanted an easy answer
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I am not that familiar with GPS but received the New Palm GPS with TomTom 6. All I can say is WOW, this was the easiest thing to use, just insert the SD card and turn on the receiver.

TomTom 6 will also reroute you automatically if you miss a turn, give you your speed and warn you if you are speeding and you can even add celebrity voices if you want (I have KITT from Knight Rider giving me directions).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    can you use the tomtom kit if you also use a bluetooth car kit?
    Geocache can give road driving directions? I didn't know that.