Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is there a program out there that I can use to clip a MP3 down to where I can get the portion I want for a ringtone?
  2. #2  
    Mini Tones
  3. jrossgb's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #3  
    its called an mp3 cutter u chop the bits you want, it's not that easy to play with but it is possible. do a google search and u can find it with freeware
  4. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #4  
    A certain company who makes Palm software whose name I cannot at this time reveal but who you would recognize if I said who they are but I won't will soon release a product competitive to Ringo Pro which will do exactly what you want. Stay tuned

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  5. #5  
    Audacity (freeware)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  6. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyrod1.1 View Post
    Mini Tones

    I tried minitones but it doesn't always play the mp3's I import.
  7. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    A certain company who makes Palm software whose name I cannot at this time reveal but who you would recognize if I said who they are but I won't will soon release a product competitive to Ringo Pro which will do exactly what you want. Stay tuned

    Harv
    Do you think it will be released this month?
  8. #8  
    I use mp3Trim. Makes it easy to control how much you cut to the frame.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
  9. fabulas's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #9  
    I find mp3 trim the easiest
  10. #10  
    mp3 direct cut works

    http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html
  11. #11  
    Audacity and VFSExchange both are free
  12. #12  
    We are releasing software this week that will convert and post to a personal page for download.

    http://www.tuneusin.com/Ringtone%20Converter.html

    You can download a trial version now.

    Hope it helps!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Is there a program out there that I can use to clip a MP3 down to where I can get the portion I want for a ringtone?
    itunes does it easily and its free!
    I posted the instructions in this thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121988
  14. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    itunes does it easily and its free!
    I posted the instructions in this thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121988
    Thanks for the post. I'll definitely give it a try. Now if I could get purchased music from itunes to my sd card i'll be happy.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I tried minitones but it doesn't always play the mp3's I import.
    i had that same problem, if the samplerate of the mp3 is < 32000 then realplayer and aeroplayer can play them but the phone will not play it correctly for a ringtone

Posting Permissions