1.    #1  
    I gave my mom my 650 when I upgraded to the 700 and I left all my apps on the phone. Everything is working fine except when she just dials a 7 digit local phone number it puts in my area code? I have been trying to fix this over the phone but I'm stumped!! The 700 has a choice to add a area code when dialing but I can't find it on the 650.

Also when I call her the caller id says voicemail, but when she dials her voice it is her number?

Thanks for all your help.

Jim
    I would love to be able to have a defualt area code on my 650 ....is there such?
    Last edited by byronchurch; 09/09/2006 at 11:39 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry I forgot to mention it's a verizon phone.
    Jim,

contact offline at carl at palmloyal.com for a possible solution
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Jim,

I sent you a private message on your TC account. Use the profiles area to setup dialing area code.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  6.    #6  
    Thanks but that didn't work? It only adds an area code if you dial from the program not if you just enter a phone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.. View Post
    I gave my mom my 650 when I upgraded to the 700 and I left all my apps on the phone. Everything is working fine except when she just dials a 7 digit local phone number it puts in my area code? I have been trying to fix this over the phone but I'm stumped!! The 700 has a choice to add a area code when dialing but I can't find it on the 650.

Also when I call her the caller id says voicemail, but when she dials her voice it is her number?

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

Maybe this solution will help you...Go to phone app, hit menu, choose options, then DIAL PREFERENCES. there you will see a check box next to: When dialing, add this area code to 7 digit numbers:_____

Maybe you have that field filled in and the check box checked.

Check it out.

Rob
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Rob,

So obvious, I overlooked this.
    That has to be it.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  9.    #9  
    This is not there on the 650 but I can see it on the 700. She has the 1.03 software on it.

Thanks
    Jim
  10.    #10  
    Well I had her do a hard reset and then re sync everything and it workes fine now. Thanks for all you suggestions.

Jim