Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    When I tried to do the IR update I recieved an error stating my phone did not need the update.

When I checked the software version number in the phone information instead of sprintxxxx I have -/1108/108-

Seems I would never be able to do updates with that.

Any body seen this or know any thing about it?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Do you have anything after HS SN:?
    (Don't post it, just confirm you have it.)

If it is blank I suggest you try a hard reset, and if its still blank, you need a new phone.

There seems to be a problem when activating the 700p OTA or when performing this update where the phone's firmware gets corrupted.

My first 700p was replaced due to a missing HS SN# and my software version was corrupted, like yours.

If the Hard reset doesn't fix it, you have data corruption at the firmware level, and without reflashing it, if it could even be reflashed now that its corrupted, you will not be able to resolve the issue. This also may cause problems in the future when trying to do a PRL update or Firmware update.

I suggest you try the hard reset and if that doesn't fix it call palm or sprint for a replacement.

This is my opinion of my own experience...I'm no expert, and this is partly speculation on my part. You can also read the post on missing HSSN.(i don't have the exact link). Good Luck.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I was wondering what I could possibly have done to corrupt that information.

I did try a soft and hard re-set neither of which helped.

I was afraid to take it to the store and get a refurbished in return. Perhaps I'll try going by there tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am not familiar with the acronymn OTA?
    Over The Air
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Its not your fault...it is a defect...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Finally after many phone calls and arguments with clueless people the Sprint Store down the street replaced the phone with a new one today.