Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I also noticed with Goodlink 4.9 that the "Messaging" option on the Today screen gets deleted/removed completely. Anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    BTW.. I got them to return by adding the following to registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Messaging"]
    "Order"=dword:00000005
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002
    "DLL"="tmailutl.dll"
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "Type"=dword:00000004
    It's nice, huh? That you have to hack your own device to bring back functionality that good takes away.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Man... Its almost pathetic. I have spent hours redoing, testing and hacking the WX to get it somewhat similar to how my 6700 once was.

Its amazing how Goodlink can release a client with so many bugs. Im very surprised

and btw I still cannot use my lookup dialer field on my Today Screen. Thats gonna take me lord knows how long. May not even figure it out.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    BTW.. I got them to return by adding the following to registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Messaging"]
    "Order"=dword:00000005
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002
    "DLL"="tmailutl.dll"
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "Type"=dword:00000004
    U the man - thanks !
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Anytime.. One thing I noticed. If you reset fone it will get removed.

Work around.. I installed Rescoe File Explorer with Regedit plugin. Apply fix above and when finished export with Rescoe Regedit. WHen you need to reset device simply reopen Regedit and import newly created export.. Vwala.

Note.. You may not see messaging on today screen even thou its checked in Today properties. Fix - Move Messaging up or down on Today screen and it will appear..

Hope this also helps

-----
    I also use Rescoe regedit to import all my hacks. Goodlink takes over the contacts on bottom right soft key. I edited :MSCONTACTS in registry to point to :MSOUTLOOK Contacts.exe and this now uses internal contacts which I like.

Gotta love Goodlink..!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Damigs
    When you say "reset" I assume you mean "Hard Reset",...
    I have reset (soft) set my wx several times since installing your hack and it is still there.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Nah.. For some reason the "Messaging" hack that I have mentioned above goes away everytime I need to do a soft reset. Does this also occur on yours?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    NO it sticks when I do a soft reset.
    I did use Sprit back up after I stalled it and made all my setting just the way I want them -- did a hard reset and a restore and it is back just as before.
    Was it working right with 4.8? are you on a palm or wm 5 device.

What was the upside to 4.9 that made all the hacking worth it?

would you recommend just loading 4.8 back?

I have been a good user for several years now and I am now moving over to a 700wx from my 700p. if your on wm 5 can you tell me, if the good ui any different (better or worse than on the palm os?

Would you recommend trying to use the active sync first with the wx? thx in advance.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This is on a 700wx WM5 device. The Good UI looks and feels the same as on the Palm 700p which I had previously. The only version of Goodlink I have is 4.9 as this version supports Domino. The hacks for me right now are worth it but I will not give our Procurement department the go ahead for my work to begin purchasing these WX devices until most of the bugs are ironed out.

Thus far our Good rep has mentioned that the next revision wont have these problems. One can only wait and see.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Does your Good rep give you any indication of a time frame for the next release?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I heard in a few months to January 07. This is why I took it to the next level and hacked my device to make it function and enjoy its features.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Have you had any luck yet on getting the contacts look to work on the Today screen?? Thanks.