1.    #1  
    I just got a Sandisk 2 GB SD card and my brand new Treo is acting funny.

Anyway, I inserted the card it into my Treo 650 and my Treo does not recognize the card. I know my brand new Treo is not defective because I inserted a 512 SD card from my sons camera into it and it works perfectly fine.

It is very weird how the Treo sees the card. When I insert it, it sees it for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly the information screen refreshes and it says there is no card.

I know that the card is already formatted, so it is not a case of not being able to see the card because it is not formatted.

In any case I then tried to format the card with the Treo and it says there is no card inserted.

I then got this software from the PalmGear website Card Reader 1.04 that turns your Treo into a card reader.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=112451

As soon as I hit the "connect" button in the software, my pc sees the new drive, however I cannot browse the card. If I try to format it, it says please insert a disk.

Now I am at a loss as to what is causing this issue. Is the card defective? I have tried everything I can think of to get it going but so far no luck....

I then tried the same thing with my 512 MB SD card, and my pc sees that without any issues using this card reader software.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

I so badly wanted to be able to utilize this memory card with my new Treo as there is so much software I need to install on it and now I can't.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    The SD card could well be defective. If you search through prior posts, you see several reports of similar behavior with various brands. Depending on how difficult it would be, my first step would be to try and get a replacement from the seller. If that's too hard, you can try getting a card reader for your PC (they are pretty cheap and useful anyway). Re-formating the card in the PC might work or at least make it accessible for formating in the Treo. However, some older PC readers have problems as well. I ended up returning a 2GB to Compusa because my PC reader wouldn't access it. I've installed FAT32 and now intend to get a 4GB (and new PC reader) instead.
    fyi, My treo650 doesnt see any fast card with the speed above 60X
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger View Post
    fyi, My treo650 doesnt see any fast card with the speed above 60X
    How do you determine the speed of the card?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    The SD card could well be defective. If you search through prior posts, you see several reports of similar behavior with various brands. Depending on how difficult it would be, my first step would be to try and get a replacement from the seller. If that's too hard, you can try getting a card reader for your PC (they are pretty cheap and useful anyway). Re-formating the card in the PC might work or at least make it accessible for formating in the Treo. However, some older PC readers have problems as well. I ended up returning a 2GB to Compusa because my PC reader wouldn't access it. I've installed FAT32 and now intend to get a 4GB (and new PC reader) instead.
    Yes, I contacted the seller and they will be sending me a new one.

In any case I agree with you that I need to get a card reader for my pc. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    How do you determine the speed of the card?

the manufacture tell you. Usually it's on the sticker of the card.