Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm bummed. Fox News isn't on AvantGo anymore. Can someone recomend a replacement?
    I was bummed about this too. I loaded CNN until I can find something I like better. Maybe we can start a email campaign to get FoxNews to sign back up!
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Yahoo is fully customizable, so you can get all the news, sports, technology, and whatever else you want. I like it better than CNN. Although, the amount of categories of news items is limited in Yahoo. I also like New York Times as a news source.
    Fat's
    I also liked foxnews and foxsports.

CNN not nearly as good, haven't tried yahoo! yet.

Lex
    I would like a replacement for their science news. Any recommendations?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Fox News was great because they had some pretty whacky stories, like when that guy sued his crack dealer...
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  7.    #7  
    They left the other Fox stuff on there, like Fox sports. I cannot understand why they removed the news.
    I'd second the motion that they add it back. I'm a fox junkie on TV, and liked the channel too - a little more irreverant than my other three news channels (NYT, Washington Post OnPolitics, and the Seattle PI).
    Fat_Man,
    I set up a my yahoo account and added it to my avantgo channels, but all of the stuff isn't sync'd. For example, under sports in avantgo all I get is scores for the teams I selected, not the sports news for those teams. Any way to customize so I get all the sports news for my selected teams under "sports" not just the generic junk under "news"?
    Thanks for the tip though, I like it better than CNN.

Dave
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...
  10.    #10  
    Some things like weather you can customize but doesn't seem like all things. Do you have an account on Yahoo? Once I registered I got things like the stocks I had set up on my profile show up on the AvantGo channel.

Originally posted by hkyslif
    Fat_Man,
    I set up a my yahoo account and added it to my avantgo channels, but all of the stuff isn't sync'd. For example, under sports in avantgo all I get is scores for the teams I selected, not the sports news for those teams. Any way to customize so I get all the sports news for my selected teams under "sports" not just the generic junk under "news"?
    Thanks for the tip though, I like it better than CNN.

Dave
    Hi hkyslif,

I'm glad that you liked the Yahoo channel. I have also encountered a few problems trying to customize my Yahoo. Apparently the "sports" section that appear in your PDA corresponds to the "sports score" module in your "my yahoo" page. To get sports news, you need edit your "My Front Page Headlines" to the sports news you want, there are several sources to choose from. The limit that I mentioned in my earlier post appears to be that Avantgo will only display your first 4 sections.
    I have:
    1. Top Stories from Reuters
    2. World from Reuters
    3. Top Sports Stories from Reuters
    4. Health from Reuters

You can select whatever sections you liked and arrange them in any order, but the limit is only the top 4 sections. Also avantgo will display the top 10 headlines.

Despite these limitations, I still think that Yahoo is pretty complete as a news source. Also, you can select your city and it will display movie show times and weather info.
    Last edited by Fat_Man; 03/01/2001 at 02:00 AM.
    Fat's
    Originally posted by RoofusPennymore
    Some things like weather you can customize but doesn't seem like all things. Do you have an account on Yahoo? Once I registered I got things like the stocks I had set up on my profile show up on the AvantGo channel.
    Yes, you have to have an account with Yahoo, which is free. Once you established an account, yahoo will create for you your very own "my yahoo" page which you can customize news/sports/techno/health headlines, sports scores, stocks, weather, and movie schedules. When you open your Avantgo Yahoo page in you visor, just login with your Yahoo ID, and the next time you hot-synch, Avantgo will portal your "my yahoo" page to your visor.

hope this helps
    Fat's
    some of you are still getting foxsports!?

Mine says page not found when I try to read it for the past week or 2.

Lex
    Mine does too, Lex. I really liked their regional options and am seriously looking for a replacement. It might just be you and me, but it's not just you.
    Originally posted by RoofusPennymore
    I'm bummed. Fox News isn't on AvantGo anymore. Can someone recomend a replacement?
    They no longer available through Omnisky either. Since the 16th.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    could it possibly have to do if you gave your zip and regionalized foxsports?

I did that.

Maybe the ppl that didn't do that still are getting it?

Can anyone confirm that you are still getting foxsports for sure?

Lex
    I never have gotten FoxSports. I tried to look into their website to find the mobile page, but could not find it. Bummer. Is MSN back up yet? It was down a few days ago, so I deleted it from my avantgo channels.
    Fat's
    Hey Fat_Man,
    Thanks for the tip on editing headlines. Unfortunately, it appears that the mobile edition only syncs the Ruters (or whatever) stuff. When I cleared all of those out of my preferences and replaced them with other things (including ABCNews, etc) I sync'd a blank screen under news. All the stuff I chose was there in My Yahoo, but not on my Visor. Back to the drawing board....
    Dave
    Just found out Fox News went under. That's why Avantgo stopped offering that channel. Time to find a suitable replacement.

Ron
  20.    #20  
    Whadayamean Fox News went under? The website is still there, the Fox News channel is still on cable. The FOX newtwork is still on! Where did you hear this info?

Originally posted by rtalain
    Just found out Fox News went under. That's why Avantgo stopped offering that channel. Time to find a suitable replacement.

Ron
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast