Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went for a drive with a friend today, and when we got to our destination, she had a message on her phone from me. The message consisted of the conversation that I had had in the car with her right before we got to where we were going; and, though parts of it were undeciferable, parts of it were very clear. Somehow, the Treo, which was in my pocket, seems to have initiated a call to her number, and stayed on for a part of our trip, transmitting into her voicemail part of our conversation. My 700p shows no record of the call at all, but her phone shows a record of the call from me at a time when we were both talking in the car.

The last call in my phone log was from her when she was arriving to pick me up and lasted 11 seconds. Therefore, I conclude that the Network itself somehow initiated the call (almost exactly 30 minutes later). I believe I have read some reports of the Treo initiating calls on it's own (it's the first time it's happened to me, that I know of), but to not even have a record of it anywhere is really uncomfortable. Maybe it has happened many times without my knowing!

Has anyone else had an experience like this with no record of the call on their own phone? Also could there be an explanation for this that I am overlooking?

Thanks for any input!
    Let's say you inadvertantly made a call by pressing against a button and the Treo crashed/rebooted while in the call. Would the call log still show it? I haven't tried it, but its a possible answer.

Do you have a record of a call to your voicemail around the time she got the voicemail?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I guess Sprint is still not able to get stuff right. My friend is on a Sprint 700P and he still does not get text messages unless he resets is unit. What kind of bull is that?

But to answer your question, no, I have never had this problem. I am on a VZW T700P.
    I have unintentionally initiated calls with inadvertant button pushes with my 700p in my pocket. My call log is generally pretty good, but I have had instances of a call NOT showing up on my log - either incoming or outgoing. I have had this happen with previous nonTreo phones as well. I suspect that what happened was that you actuated the call inadvertantly (I will go out on a limb and guess that your passenger was - coincidently - the LAST person that you INTENTIONALLY called) and terminated it "unconventionally", also with an inadvertant button push and for that reason it didn't log as it normally would. I would be WAY more concerned about this if it had happened with your phone laying out with no opportunity for accidental activation.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Let's say you inadvertantly made a call by pressing against a button and the Treo crashed/rebooted while in the call. Would the call log still show it? I haven't tried it, but its a possible answer.

Do you have a record of a call to your voicemail around the time she got the voicemail?
    The first call I received from her was at 11:29am (11seconds). Her phone shows that I called her at 12:10pm and there is no record showing this on my phone. No file on my phone was modified at that time either. But, now that you mention it, I suppose the rebooting/resetting explanation is very possible as I heard the phone turning itself on a few minutes before arriving at our destination (like it does to connect to Sprint after a reset).

Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    I have unintentionally initiated calls with inadvertant button pushes with my 700p in my pocket. My call log is generally pretty good, but I have had instances of a call NOT showing up on my log - either incoming or outgoing. I have had this happen with previous nonTreo phones as well. I suspect that what happened was that you actuated the call inadvertantly (I will go out on a limb and guess that your passenger was - coincidently - the LAST person that you INTENTIONALLY called) and terminated it "unconventionally", also with an inadvertant button push and for that reason it didn't log as it normally would. I would be WAY more concerned about this if it had happened with your phone laying out with no opportunity for accidental activation.
    Well Keefer, I suppose these explanations are the best way for me to explain it to myself. What other explanation is there as the call was not logged. I would hate to keep thinking that somehow Sprint dialed the call.

Thanks for the replies.
    Keefer's explaination seems very reasonable to me. I have never been able to point to a call that could have been made by the network - nor have I ever read anyone else having this happen. Is this call on your Sprint bill, BTW? I would pretty much always suspect the Treo's call log b/f anything else! Which, BTW, I had an incoming call just the other day that did not register on my 650's call log.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input bubbatex. I'm beginning to see now that the call log is not as reliable as I thought it was.
    I'm on Sprint and have had this happen before. Mine was caused by accidentally pressing the BT headset. I've since put keyguard and/or password protect on.
    hey - no problem! This does bring up another question - do you use keyguard? Did I not read some threads when the 700p came out that it would accidentially dial out while in a pocket or case? Is that a problem with the 700p?
    I have a Verizon 700p and never seen an issue like this. Has anyone not on Sprint had this happen? Really starting to sound like a Sprint related issue.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I went for a drive with a friend today, and when we got to our destination, she had a message on her phone from me. The message consisted of the conversation that I had had in the car with her right before we got to where we were going; and, though parts of it were undeciferable, parts of it were very clear. Somehow, the Treo, which was in my pocket, seems to have initiated a call to her number, and stayed on for a part of our trip, transmitting into her voicemail part of our conversation. My 700p shows no record of the call at all, but her phone shows a record of the call from me at a time when we were both talking in the car.

The last call in my phone log was from her when she was arriving to pick me up and lasted 11 seconds. Therefore, I conclude that the Network itself somehow initiated the call (almost exactly 30 minutes later). I believe I have read some reports of the Treo initiating calls on it's own (it's the first time it's happened to me, that I know of), but to not even have a record of it anywhere is really uncomfortable. Maybe it has happened many times without my knowing!

Has anyone else had an experience like this with no record of the call on their own phone? Also could there be an explanation for this that I am overlooking?

Thanks for any input!

It's not a treo issue. It's happened to me several times(the recipient of the call that is) When my friends dont put their key gaurd on or accidentally dail my number and dont realize they have. Sometimes I pick up the phone and say "hello, hello" and then hear people talking in the background. Other times, I dont hear my phone ring and I get a voicemail of a conversation between 2 people. They all dont have sprint either.(T-mobile, cingular...) It's a case of accidental dialing while in pocket, purse...etc. Hope that helps explain.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    hey - no problem! This does bring up another question - do you use keyguard? Did I not read some threads when the 700p came out that it would accidentially dial out while in a pocket or case? Is that a problem with the 700p?
    I was not using keyguard at the time, but I am now. Don't like it too much, but the alterative seems worse.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    It's not a treo issue. It's happened to me several times(the recipient of the call that is) When my friends dont put their key gaurd on or accidentally dail my number and dont realize they have. Sometimes I pick up the phone and say "hello, hello" and then hear people talking in the background. Other times, I dont hear my phone ring and I get a voicemail of a conversation between 2 people. They all dont have sprint either.(T-mobile, cingular...) It's a case of accidental dialing while in pocket, purse...etc. Hope that helps explain.
    Thanks hova. Come to think of it, I have had calls like that too. As you can see from my post above, I have decided to live with keyguard and hope that, in my case, I won't have this happen any more. I have never looked at KeyGuard Plus, perhaps it is an improvement on the funtionality of KeyGuard and may be easier to get rid of each time one turns on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yes my phone speed dialed my husband's phone one day and the two phones chatted for a half hour or so.

I think the speed dial button got pushed while the phone was in my purse.

The phone did log the call which is how we discovered it.
    That's my solution, too. Annoying, but safer.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I was not using keyguard at the time, but I am now. Don't like it too much, but the alterative seems worse.
    I have the Scala 500 and it worked GREAT on my 650. I can testify that it does NOT work with the 700. Well, it works but only sometimes. It only auto connects about 50% of the time when you call out. During the other 50% of the time it's an all too common sight to see me looking like an ***** with my phone to my right ear while pressing the button on my Scala 500 in my left ear. But even then it only connects about 75% of the time. So about 15% of the time I'm SOL and I can't get the BT to work at all and I'm stuck with having my phone pressed up against my ear. I'm just not used to this primitive behavior so I too have resorted to having a stupid wire hanging from my ear. Anything is better than holding that phone to the ear all day long. Thank you Palm, you have officially managed to go BACK in time by producing a product that (at least regarding BT) fits right in.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcjohnsson View Post
    I have the Scala 500 and it worked GREAT on my 650. I can testify that it does NOT work with the 700. Well, it works but only sometimes. It only auto connects about 50% of the time when you call out. During the other 50% of the time it's an all too common sight to see me looking like an ***** with my phone to my right ear while pressing the button on my Scala 500 in my left ear. But even then it only connects about 75% of the time. So about 15% of the time I'm SOL and I can't get the BT to work at all and I'm stuck with having my phone pressed up against my ear. I'm just not used to this primitive behavior so I too have resorted to having a stupid wire hanging from my ear. Anything is better than holding that phone to the ear all day long. Thank you Palm, you have officially managed to go BACK in time by producing a product that (at least regarding BT) fits right in.
    I have the same problem as well. My scala 500 works when it is connected to the phone but for some reason when I am finished with the phone conversation, it will disconnect and then I have to reconnect again. This happens alot. I never had this problem with the 650. I remember reading somewhere on here that people were having similar bluetooth problems. So, as far as I can tell it must have something to do with the bluetooth in the treo700. I hope it gets fixed in the firmware update that PALM should have released by NOW!!!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Were you serious when you actually posted that you thought a network carrier made a phone call on your behalf? Seriously...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hmm, I guess we should keep the Treo's out of the bedroom for now.
    To be honest, I don't see how anyone can not use keyguard and then be surprised that the phone makes a call by itself. If buttons get pressed the phone makes a call. What's so hard to understand? It would have been nice at the beginning of the thread if it had been stated that that keyguard was off. That would have cleared the mystery instantly.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast