Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Couldn't take it anyore! Every headset I tried either wasn't loud enough, pooor sound quality or dropped connection, so I went back to a standard wired Jabra headset. Battery lasts longer, PERFECTt sound quality, and no more dropped connections! A cord is a small price to pay.
    That sucks. I'd be afraid to use the jack all the time.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    Couldn't take it anyore! Every headset I tried either wasn't loud enough, pooor sound quality or dropped connection, so I went back to a standard wired Jabra headset. Battery lasts longer, PERFECTt sound quality, and no more dropped connections! A cord is a small price to pay.
    Unfortunately, that's true for me too, except I tried a Scala 500 and a SE HBH-662, and even though the sound quality was good, I can't take the Bluetooth dropping all the time for no reason. I have the standard Jabra wired headset too.... only bad thing is that the cord was wrapped up for so long that I can't get it straight!! I think I lost half the length of it! LOL

Ken
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Try the Jabra JX-10. I've been through several headsets and this one has *never* failed. Odd, isn't it?
    I agree that bluetooth needs a fix. I don't use a headset that much (there is bluetooth built into my car) but I got the JX-10 and it works well. I've had the problem once or twice of making a call and the audio going to the Treo instead of the headset, but a soft reset fixes the problem.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm using the Basic Treo BT headset ($49 from Treo Central Store).
    Works well for me. No problem with maintaining connections and sound quality is fine.

I turned off the BT on my Treo and had a difficult time getting it to pair again.(So now I never turn off BT.)

Other issue is that it takes longer than I epxected to reconnect once you go out of range then back in range.

Uses the same charger as the Treo. So you end up with two chargers-one that came with the Treo and one that comes with the BT headset.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I've had the EXACT same experience as bcaslis.....the JX-10 with the Jabra EarGels also works very well for me, and a couple of times in the last few months the audio went to the Treo instead of the JX-10. Not a huge deal for me. I've got nothing to compare it to as it was my first BT headset.....
    I prefer a corded headset to a BT one. Sometimes I think its funny, the bluetooth wrap that gets laid at the feet of Palm and the Treo. I own a number of BT devices and they all have the capacity to be a pain in the ***. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It seems to be th nature of the bluetoothed beast...
    I'm just so disgusted with the support palm has failed to provide. Not one comment from them on this problem. I too have reverted back to a corded headset. It would help if Palm would at least acknowledge the problem and tell us they are working on it but nothing. Well I think this lack of support will eventually catch up to them. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy another Palm product but I would think twice before dropping a few hundred bucks for one of their phones again.
    same goes for me, i just use the stock corded headset. when i'm in the car, i don't have time to fuss around with settings and wait for BT to pair up or respond. with the corded headset, i just plug and go.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with mine. I switched to the standard headset after using a basic Treo bluetooth headset on my 650 for a year. The catalyst for me was the constant pairing I have to do with the 700p just to use the headset. I can't say it is the phone because I use Palm GPS bluetooth receiver and TomTom 5 with no issues whatsoever. The GPS connects rapidly and stays connected. The card disconnect on the otherhand...............
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was so hopeful BT would be better on the 700P than my 650 and it probably is a bit but the battery (extended) is not up to the task. I use 5-6,000 min/mo and + email and some organizer stuff and BT just drains the battery dry. I have to leave it on all day if it is to be of any value unless I just use it to drive. Frankly, it is easier to just connect my $5.00 wired Jabra and know it is not going to interrupt a call or worry about pairing and connecting. I will use the BT for GPS however, but that is in a powered mode in the car.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    I too recommend the jabra jx-10, never dropped calls or disconnected from bluetooth.......never. before this headset all the other ones I tried failed me and gave me all the problems prviously mentioned; jabra 250, jabra 500, and the scala 500. When I got the jx-10 it was like a breeze of fresh air, bluetooth was finally working the way it's supposed to. I can turn bluetooth off/on and not worry about the headset staying connected, sound quality is very good(the scala 500 had the best sound quality/clarity, but that's it), is awakened almost immediately when initiated by a call, and never lost pairing in any instance period, and i've had it for a couple of months now, this headset will make you an automatic member of the "worry free" club, highly recommended.
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 09/10/2006 at 07:32 PM.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    On the subject of headsets, does anyone have experience with UmeVoice "the boom"?
    I recently purchased a Jabra JX-10, and it really works perfectly. The only problem is when used with the ear gels the sucker is so tiny I lost it once and had to buy a new one!
    well....after reading this thread i nervously went to the vzw store and purchased my 6th bluetooth headset after having returned the other 5 for the disconnect issue...after seeing the 5 people in this thread who had success with the jabra jx10 i decided to go for it.....guess what....it works!!!!!!!!!!!!...has not disconnected once yet in 2 days of use!!!!!!!!!!! i think this is the one!!!..anyone not have success with the jabra jx10? i know its expensive but bluetooth was one of the things i wanted coming from my trusty 600 and now i finally got it!! thanks to those who posted!!! lets spread the word...the jx10 is the answer to your 700p bluuetooth headset woes!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    I think someone was ranting about this same topic the other day.

note: I haven't found a jabra headset I've been genuinely pleased with. Compromise seems to be king.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    On the subject of headsets, does anyone have experience with UmeVoice "the boom"?
    I've use "the boom" for almost a year now, loved it so much I bought one for my wife. Went back to an old headset and found the boom to have a much better mic and earpiece.
    Been using a Motorola H300 headset...Highly recommend for use with Treo 700p! They're on sale now for $30 after rebate at CompUSA. Nearly a week standby and up to 30 hours talktime!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    The Boom rocks! I can sit in a noisy airport or in front of a booming stereo and no one can tell a thing. If you need a great headset (wired) for business - i highly recommend it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast