Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    So I got my 700p to see my SD card again by buying software to make the treo act as it should have out of the box, now the issue that appeared at the same time the sd card dissapeared yesterday is that I get a BSOD when I plug the treo into the sync cable. I have tried the following sequence to no avail:

uninstall palm desktop software
    reboot laptop
    reinstall palm desktop software
    reboot
    attach treo 700p (verizon) to sync cable
    BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED PalmUSBD.sys error

did the same above sequence again but also removed all instances of PalmUSBD.sys after the software removal and before the reboot, still no joy.

Tried both the of the above while adding in a hard reset of the Treo before the final plug in to verify there was no software on the treo that was causing this. no joy, still the BSOD.

If I remove all the palm software and the palmusbd.sys file, reboot, and plug in the treo, the treo will endlessly reboot!

All this work has been done on a laptop that was working until midday yesterday with a valid hotsync at least every 24 hours.

Yesterday was also the first day that I began to have the same BSOD on my home server as well. I have not done further testing on the home server, but the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error is the same. Nothing has changed on either my laptop or my server.

This all started yesterday at the same time that I could no longer see my SD card. This phone is now 6 days old!!

HELP!! (please)
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ok, fully removing all palm related stuff from the laptop, and then a full hard reset on the treo. The install from scratch the verizon (or generic) palm desktop and they try to sync with the treo (hard reseted) and the treo reboots endlessly until I unplug the sync cable.

Can anyone give me a compelling reason to think this is not a treo hardware error?

Thanks,

Dan
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Try another cable or PC?

Joe
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    this happens with both my laptop and my home server. each of those has its own sync cable. Good idea though.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    OMG, a I just got a brand new treo 700p fromt he Verizon store after telling them this was definately a hardware issue and I had only had this danged thing for 6 days. So It is brand new, nothing on it.

Plug it into the laptop with a fresh new install of the Palm Desktop
    Treo reboots continuously.

WTF!!!!

This is replicated on two seperate computers with three seperate sync cables, two stock and one sedio zip cable. I could sync with both my computers until yesterday afternoon. What the hell is going on here?
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx