Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Before on my 650 (Sprint), I could send and receive text messages. Now, with my 700p, I can't. Anyone else have this problem?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Are you roaming in the same place? It has to do with the roaming agreements in place where you roam. I remember back in the day when I was with Sprint, I couldn't send/receive text messages in Canada. Thanksfully, that's been fixed and there's even EVDO roaming there.

Joe
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97 View Post
    Are you roaming in the same place? It has to do with the roaming agreements in place where you roam. I remember back in the day when I was with Sprint, I couldn't send/receive text messages in Canada. Thanksfully, that's been fixed and there's even EVDO roaming there.

Joe
    Yep. I'm using my 700p in the same place as my 650. I DJ at a club downtown, and I'm downstairs and there is on Sprint down there. Roaming only for us sprint people in there. I used to get and send messages with no problem. Now I can't. Sometimes messages would be delayed on the 650 while roaming, but not often. I still used to get them while roaming. Is it my 700p, or is it Sprint?
    I roam on verizon's network daily and have no problem sending or receiving texts while on roam. As stated above, it probably has to do with Sprint's agreement with whichever carrier covers that area. Did you make any changes besides for your phone (plan maybe)? What error message do you get when you try to send a message?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I roam on verizon's network daily and have no problem sending or receiving texts while on roam. As stated above, it probably has to do with Sprint's agreement with whichever carrier covers that area. Did you make any changes besides for your phone (plan maybe)? What error message do you get when you try to send a message?
    Like I said above, I was able to text while roaming on the 650 in the exact same place I use my 700p. My plan and everything is the same.
    I, too, would like to know why this happens. When I go in roaming, I cannot send/receive sms (I'm w/Sprint too)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I, too, would like to know why this happens. When I go in roaming, I cannot send/receive sms (I'm w/Sprint too)
    I send and recieve text while roaming all the time when I'm in the Metro(DC Area) I have a sprint 700p
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    ^ sighhh...
    Your 650 and 700 have different PRLs and you are likely roaming on different carriers. One allows Sprint SMS and one does not.
    With me it's hit and miss. Sometimes the messages go through and sometimes they don't. That's while roaming in the same location. I have a Sprint 700p.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Ok, someone stole my phone Tuesday night, so I had to go back to my 650. Sure enough, I was able to send text messages while I was roaming. I have to know why the 650 can text while roaming, and the 700p can't in the exact same spot, and the 700p is supposed to be and "upgrade".