Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last updated September 5, 2006

This software update is designed to resolve an issue when using the IR port on Treo 700p smartphones with certain 3rd party devices. Once installed, the Treo 700p smartphone will work as expected.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/rawir700p.html
    wow thanks,hopefully this will work
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    anyone istall this and notice anything yet?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    great but software can't fix a weak IR device. but hope it helps.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I installed it directly to the device but that's about it. Thanks for the heads up!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What problems does this resolve?
    Not the update I expected after all this time...... but an update is an update. I have had trouble beaming between my laptop and 700p.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Nope, everything seems to be working the same way. What was the problem?
    It seems to have made beaming between my laptop and 700p more reliable. Before, it wouldn't connect everytime when I put them side by side. Sometimes I would move the phone around a bit and wait until they found each other, or try and jumpstart the connection by choosing to beam a file from the 700p so that the laptop would notice. Even if they found each other most of the time, I had to restart the process after beaming one file. They no longer recognized each other until I played around with the Treo some more and they rediscovered each other.

After the update, I just did a quick test. After sending one file they weren't connected anymore, and after a few seconds they found each other again. After sending the second file, they remained connected and I could immediately send another file. That was a first.

What I find odd is that, the first update they've ever released for the phone after all this time, and it's for an issue I hadn't seen anybody posting about. Nobody seemed to notice, yet we get an individual update.

Another odd thing: the website claims that, to check to see if your phone hasn't yet been updated, to look for Treo700p-1.08-SPNT or Treo700p-1.06-VZW in Phone Info. But my software version still says Treo700p-1.08-SPNT after the update.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kavione View Post
    Nope, everything seems to be working the same way. What was the problem?

Beats me... but as previously noted, it's at least an UPDATE, although not the one most of us really need!
    Nice to know that with other significant bugs like the dreaded SMS Lockup that Palm has made AN APPARENT ISSUE with Ir their TOP PRIORITY.
    I have a Verizon 700p and my version number didn't change either.

Glad they are at least doing updates, but yes think this bug in IR (which I have normally turned off) is SO MUCH more important than the data access bug which drives me crazy ALL the time!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    Nice to know that with other significant bugs like the dreaded SMS Lockup that Palm has made AN APPARENT ISSUE with Ir their TOP PRIORITY.
    Tough crowd.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    well i used to have problems beaming with another treo not with my laptop hopefully ill get to test it out, but hey at least we know the palm techs are not somewhere playing pong all the time at least they did something.
    No, they're all apparently working on WM5 today screen plugins!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Haha yes because everyone needs a pretty today screen, its the turbo charger of the Treo
    Anyone notice if their 'Phone Preferences' screen from the dialpad now has jumbled text on it after they do this update?
    I can't wait to see the "It made my Treo faster" or "It has reduced the number of resets" posts. I guess I've been here for too long....

Al
    mark3397, everything is well on my 700p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    It seems to have made beaming between my laptop and 700p more reliable. Before, it wouldn't connect everytime when I put them side by side. Sometimes I would move the phone around a bit and wait until they found each other, or try and jumpstart the connection by choosing to beam a file from the 700p so that the laptop would notice. Even if they found each other most of the time, I had to restart the process after beaming one file. They no longer recognized each other until I played around with the Treo some more and they rediscovered each other.

After the update, I just did a quick test. After sending one file they weren't connected anymore, and after a few seconds they found each other again. After sending the second file, they remained connected and I could immediately send another file. That was a first.

What I find odd is that, the first update they've ever released for the phone after all this time, and it's for an issue I hadn't seen anybody posting about. Nobody seemed to notice, yet we get an individual update.

Another odd thing: the website claims that, to check to see if your phone hasn't yet been updated, to look for Treo700p-1.08-SPNT or Treo700p-1.06-VZW in Phone Info. But my software version still says Treo700p-1.08-SPNT after the update.
    It is not a firmware update, therefore the firmware version, 1.08 for you, will not update.

They put those version up on the website because later firmware versions (i.e. the next batch(es) of Treos) will have this new update in it. It might have firmware version Sprint-1.09 or Verizon 1.07 in it, which would have this update. To my knowledge, these firmware versions do not exist yet, so the firmware version check notice seems a bit awkward.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast