Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    mark3397, everything is well on my 700p.
    Everything fine here as well
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    It is not a firmware update, therefore the firmware version, 1.08 for you, will not update.

They put those version up on the website because later firmware versions (i.e. the next batch(es) of Treos) will have this new update in it. It might have firmware version Sprint-1.09 or Verizon 1.07 in it, which would have this update. To my knowledge, these firmware versions do not exist yet, so the firmware version check notice seems a bit awkward.
    Maybe it's a sign from our good friends at Palm that a firmware update is on the way? Or maybe I'm just in fantasy land. Not to be in the redundancy business of being redundant, but has anyone heard anything whatsoever on the firmware update?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I heard the firmware update is coming...sometime in the future...and its suppossed to fix stuff...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3397 View Post
    Anyone notice if their 'Phone Preferences' screen from the dialpad now has jumbled text on it after they do this update?
    No similar problems here on Sprint 700p.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I heard the firmware update is coming...sometime in the future...and its suppossed to fix stuff...
    Hilarious!!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I downloaded the verizon ir updater on my powerbook and installed via hotsync. launched the ir updater and got these results:

The update seemed to reset for me prematurely,on its own, then my phone info was blank. The phone wouldn't turn fully turn on, said searching for network and had a red T symbol next to it. Unfortunately, nothing but a hard reset resolved this and I had to restore my 700p. The phone was plugged into the powerbook/usb cable when this happened, not that I think that had anything to do with it. Just thought I'b be as descriptive as possible, so no one will have to do this as well.

I think I'll hold off on trying the update again, I don't even use the ir, and in my opinion, its a dumb, outdated technology as implemented in the treo.

Hope this helps someone...
    noodlelest wet noodler
    IR in the Treo is like Printers with serial ports. I agree Palm should stop supporting IR and consentrate in improving the Bluetooth radio.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    IR in the Treo is like Printers with serial ports. I agree Palm should stop supporting IR and consentrate in improving the Bluetooth radio.

Al
    All modern palm pilots AND pocket PC's have IR. They don't require any sort of support or updating generally because they relatively easy to implement. If manufacturers started taking them off, then you'd hear everyone whining about why they got rid of IR.
    Why in the world do the instructions ask you to remove the battery to perform a soft reset? Step #6 below:

"6. When the update is complete, perform a soft reset: remove the battery cover, take out your battery, and put it back in."
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Since I installed the update, CradleCare crashes my Treo 700p every time I tap its icon to launch. Has anyone have the same/similar problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Last updated September 5, 2006

This software update is designed to resolve an issue when using the IR port on Treo 700p smartphones with certain 3rd party devices. Once installed, the Treo 700p smartphone will work as expected.
    Why do I not believe that?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBrown View Post
    Since I installed the update, CradleCare crashes my Treo 700p every time I tap its icon to launch. Has anyone have the same/similar problem?
    Reinstalling CradleCare solved the problem. ZLauncher had the same problem but fixed by reinstalling it too.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Why in the world do the instructions ask you to remove the battery to perform a soft reset? Step #6 below:

"6. When the update is complete, perform a soft reset: remove the battery cover, take out your battery, and put it back in."
    I've noticed when I remove the battery to do a reset the date & time reset, but when I just use the reset button with the stylus it just resets and starts up.

Maybe they screwed up the reset button and it doesn't really reset it properly unless you remove the battery. This isn't the first time I got these instructions either. When I called tech support on 700p #1 they said the same thing...makes you wonder...
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I've noticed when I remove the battery to do a reset the date & time reset, but when I just use the reset button with the stylus it just resets and starts up.

Maybe they screwed up the reset button and it doesn't really reset it properly unless you remove the battery. This isn't the first time I got these instructions either. When I called tech support on 700p #1 they said the same thing...makes you wonder...
    I just removed the battery and notice that.
    Tks Noodle
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    What I find odd is that, the first update they've ever released for the phone after all this time, and it's for an issue I hadn't seen anybody posting about. Nobody seemed to notice, yet we get an individual update.
    The patch was mainly created for Supra Ekey software so that realtors can access infrared keyboxes with their 700p.
    This has made beaming between my wife's 650 and my 700p easier.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12