1.    #1  
    I know this topic has come up before, but my search did not find any posting of a solution. Hoping someone has found one by now.

One "feature" of the 700p is that when there is an incoming call, the user may press the red Power/End button to send the call directly to voicemail rather than answering the call. Unfortunately, a far-too-high percentage of my incoming calls are sent to voicemail because (apparently) the button is accidently pressed as I remove the phone from its case.

I would like to disable this "feature", or at least make it a bit more difficult to access accidently. I have found no reference to a method to turn this off. Anyone had more success turning it off than I have?
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    This probably isn't too helpful, but ... when I discovered I was having that problem, I switched cases. Originally had this Krusell horizontal pouch case, but switched to this Krusell Verticalic instead.
    Butler (and probably some other utility programs) can be set to disable all the phone key commands, including the red button, until you unlock its "alternate" keyguard with center button on the 5-way.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I like the case I am using. I suspect I would have this problem with many of the cases that I might like, unless I can disable the feature on the phone.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Is it possible that you are hitting the red "Ignore" button on the screen when you receive the call? If so, you can disable the touchscreen when incoming call is received by going to Preference -> Keyguard.
    i use buttler for the same reasons, and also buttler has a 2 key answering mode, wich you need to press option + green to pick up, i dont know if it works with hanging up .
  7.    #7  
    curtiscarmack: Apparently I was typing my reply to pilot1000 when you posted your suggestion, so I didn't see it until now, even though you posted before I did. I will check into Butler; never tried it before. Thanks. (And thanks also to rick2203 for suggesting Butler.)

choile: Thanks. I will try your suggestion also, but I think it is much less likely that I am hitting that particular spot on the touchscreen than that I am hitting the raised Power/End button. I was just hoping that there was some obscure setting somewhere in the preferences that would let me disable that button when there is an incoming call.
    Dr J