Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Someone beamed me Ringo last night and it's been buggy. For some reason, I can't uninstall or delete it using FileZ since it's apparently in ROM. I keep getting an error to disable Ringo and to soft/warm reset--all of which I've already done and still won't delete.

HELP!
    Use Filez, make sure you UnLock it first, then delete. That was the way I was able to delete it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal View Post
    Someone beamed me Ringo last night and it's been buggy. For some reason, I can't uninstall or delete it using FileZ since it's apparently in ROM. I keep getting an error to disable Ringo and to soft/warm reset--all of which I've already done and still won't delete.

HELP!
    It's impossible for an installed file to be placed into ROM. ROM can only be accessed through flashing, which isn't possible on the 700 yet either (at least not to us would-be ROM customizers).

As for your problem, do you use a backup program? If not, I'd suggest buying one. It certainly helps out in situations like this. You could just revert to a backup that took place before you installed Ringo.

Otherwise, I'd try synchronizing with your desktop, doing a hard reset, deleting the file from your backup folder in your Palm desktop folder on your desktop (let me know if you don't know how to do this), and synchronizing again. That should get rid of the program for you.
    As already as been said, it can't be in ROM. If you have really gone into Ringo and set it to disable, then done a soft reset and it still won't delete then try Filez. If you still can't get rid of it, then you will need to hard reset.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    brickjr is right its impossible to put something in Rom in the 700, you mean ram, and like The Rev said , make sure its unlocked, with filez or zlauncher, and remove
    i would do everything that was previously stated except doing the hard reset, try a warm reset first. Between a warm reset and/or using a file manager( rescoexplorer or filez) i've never had to do a hard reset just to remove a file, try this first.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Yes a warm reset usually allows you to remove files that are hard to delete the normal way.
    Disable Ringo and delete it from the DEFAULT PALM Launcher. Should work fine.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Disable Ringo and delete it from the DEFAULT PALM Launcher. Should work fine.
    That actually worked, thanks!