1.    #1  
    Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but it seems that apparently Sprint is switching coverage from Lockline to Asurion. I just received a letter in the mail from Asurion regarding the changes to my coverage for my 700p. The good news would seem to be that neither the monthly charge nor the deductible has been changed, and all of the changes that are outlined to the policy seem to be for the better. Amongst the changes; apparently the number of claims that can be filed per year has been increased to three, and walk-in service is now provided at Sprint repair centers.

Since I've heard mainly good things about Asurion on these boards I just thought that some of you may be interested.
    Asurion just merged with Lockline.
  3.    #3  
    Well that explains that.
    Good because i was wondering the same thing, since i got paperwork yesterday. from Asurion
    According to "I don't remember who" at TC this new insurance company doesn't cover lost/stolen or intentional damaged units. Is that right?

Al
    it does because i was reading the papers from asurion that i got in the mail yesterday and it explains what is covered, lost or stolen devices need a police report #, and there is a $50 deductible on all replacements.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    According to "I don't remember who" at TC this new insurance company doesn't cover lost/stolen or intentional damaged units. Is that right?

Al
    As far as what is or is not covered supposedly nothing is supposed to change. Sprints TEC covers pretty much everything (lost/stolen/damaged) and the mailer does not indicate that any major part of this policy will be modified or excluded altogether. Then again I'm sure there could be stuff I missed in the fine print...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've had numerous dealings with Assurian and they are very easy to do business with, they cover water damage, lost, stolen, etc. Only thing to know is if you need warranty coverage from Assurian (replacing one of their phones that was received due to a claim) they do NOT cover damage due to a dropped phone. So if one of their phone dies, and they ask if it was dropped, you know what not to say.
    The Sprint insurance plan, both the Lockline and Assurian version, comes in two flavors. You can get one that only covers product failure, and for an additional fee a version that covers loss, theft, and damage.

So yes, Assurian does cover loss & theft. And no, Assurian does not. It all depends on which plan you have.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The Sprint insurance plan, both the Lockline and Assurian version, comes in two flavors. You can get one that only covers product failure, and for an additional fee a version that covers loss, theft, and damage.

So yes, Assurian does cover loss & theft. And no, Assurian does not. It all depends on which plan you have.
    So if we got the $6 plan for the 700p under Sprint/Lockline and were told we were covered for loss, theft, and damage, would we have the same coverage with the switch to Assurian?
    Asurian kicks ****! I just got a brand new VWZ 700p in exchange for a 650 with a busted antenna. At $6/month, this plan is well worth it!

Regards,
    Ian
    hi im new and i need some info i currently have sprint and i have the $6. protection plan-

and i noticed that my phone was in the washer machine and so far its not working

so i contact sprint and tell them ?

what should i do?/
    Last edited by bostonsbaby24; 01/03/2007 at 12:54 AM.
    Call Assurian....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    how did u drop ur phone in the washer machine? did u leave it in the pocket or did u literally carry a phone conversation over the washer with the washer door open and accidentally drop it in???
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    how did u drop ur phone in the washer machine? did u leave it in the pocket or did u literally carry a phone conversation over the washer with the washer door open and accidentally drop it in???
    no it was in my coat pocket and it went thru 20 mintues of the cycle before i notice it was missing