1.    #1  
    Is there a program that will allow me to map a hard button or key combination to perform a warm/hot reset without having to remove the battery cover or purchase the cover with a hole?
    There are lots of programs you could use, even map to a button if you want to waste one on it. Off the top of my head - there's "soft reset" which simply does that - and gives you options to recalibrate or start a program after the device comes up again. And LauncherX has a dropdown menu option for a soft reset.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    BTW: Soft Reset is freeware - get it from www.ranosoft.net/palm

(the developer has some pretty cool other apps too - and guarantees free updates once you buy something!)
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Joad. I'll look at SoftRest. I'm specifically looking at the ability to force a reset from a button or keyboard when some rogue app has locked up my treo or I'm encountering the dreaded "White Screen of Death".
  5.    #5  
    BTW, I currently use Initiate which has a softreset menu option, but I'm interested in the times when that's not accessible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon View Post
    Thanks Joad. I'll look at SoftRest. I'm specifically looking at the ability to force a reset from a button or keyboard when some rogue app has locked up my treo or I'm encountering the dreaded "White Screen of Death".
    Hi-Launcher allows you to perform a soft reset with as little as two keys, but once the Treo is locked, it does not necessarily respond to key presses.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I use mReset. I assigned it the quick key 'R.' Makes sense?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!