Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I just upgraded from a 650 unbranded unlocked GSM running my custom ROM to the Verizon 700p. I was able to use my old SD card for about 5 days without any issues, migrated my apps over, etc. Today it (700p) just stopped seeing the 1GB SD card I have been using all along. My old 650 still recognizes it, my computer can still see it as well. I made a full backup of it with my computer and then used the 700p's CardInfo app to format it, then coppied the data back onto it with the computer. When I inserted it back into the treo, I am back to not seeing it! I'm trying to format it again with the treo but now it is just sitting there saying "Formatting..." Has anyone else had issues with the SD Card? I have a couple other older smaller cards and they are exhibiting the same symptoms in the 700!

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    yup, tried the soft reset. Getting ready to sync everything to the computer with backupbuddy and doing a hard reset. I shouldn't have these issues with I device I bought this past Saturday.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    A hard reset would be what I'd recommend to do next. I agree that you shouldn't be having these problems with a new Treo. I haven't run into anything like this, and I used a card I was originally using with a Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Crap, when I plugged the 700 into my laptop I bluescreened with a PalmUSBD.sys error. Repeatable. Just did the same thing to my home server as well. I was able to format and use the 256MB SD card to backup and I just did a hard reboot. I'm restoring now. The issues with the cards is when I go to use them in the desktop then they become unreadable to the Treo. Save for the 1GB card, which I can no longer even format with the treo. Wish me luck, I start restoring in a minute.

The ONLY thing that changed on the Treo today is that I clicked on that wireless sync icon and it downloaded a bunch of crap for syncronizing to my office server?
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I suppose you have searched and seen that you are not alone. There are several ways people have used to get the Treo to see their cards, one of which has been discussed quite extensively is CradleCare. There appear to be many who have solved their problems one way or another (for now) and some that haven't.

At the risk of sounding a bit silly, I would remove the card, reset twice, insert the card, reset once, and see if you can see it then. This is what I did the last time I lost it. This is really a big problem on the 700p!

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    CRAP! Ok, I did a hard reset and then immeditely restored from the BackupBuddy backup on my SD card. This went without incident, I was able to format the 1GB SD card but when I moved a file onto it with my computer and then placed it back into the Treo, it was once again an unreadable card. I formatted again, removed the card, then immediately put it back into the treo. So, no interacation with another system, result, unreadable card. Plugged the treo into the server to sync, BSOD with PalmUSBD.sys as the culprit.

So, it looks like the card becomes unreadable as soon as I remove it from the treo, not by mounting it with another system. I'm guessing I am restoring the error from the SD card so I am doing another full backup to the card (it was unreadable once i removed it) then I will do a hard reset and see if I can synd with the desktop.

Dangnabit this pisses me off.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I'll give that a try too Copurnicus. Humbled to say I haven't done any search other then for "unreadable SD" and that was a little too vauge. These resets you speak of, soft or hard?

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    CRAP! Ok, I did a hard reset and then immeditely restored from the BackupBuddy backup on my SD card. This went without incident, I was able to format the 1GB SD card but when I moved a file onto it with my computer and then placed it back into the Treo, it was once again an unreadable card. I formatted again, removed the card, then immediately put it back into the treo. So, no interacation with another system, result, unreadable card. Plugged the treo into the server to sync, BSOD with PalmUSBD.sys as the culprit.

So, it looks like the card becomes unreadable as soon as I remove it from the treo, not by mounting it with another system. I'm guessing I am restoring the error from the SD card so I am doing another full backup to the card (it was unreadable once i removed it) then I will do a hard reset and see if I can synd with the desktop.

Dangnabit this pisses me off.
    This is a known problem that you won't solve by a hard reset. Some of us have found that installing Cradlecare fixes the problem.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ok,

remove card
    soft reset
    soft reset
    insert card
    soft reset

no joy, unreadable card. As I am thinking though, and this is a good time to start :-) Then I did the hard reset I removed the SD card first, and it was readable after the hard reset, so I am definately restoring my problem. But I honeslty haven't added any software in the past few days save for the wireless sync, and I have fully removed that bofre i did my backups. Grrr.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    can't sync without getting BSOD on any computer with PalmUSBD.sys as the culprit. Perhaps I'll just email cradle care to my phone. Nice to have the eVDO network.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    ok,

remove card
    soft reset
    soft reset
    insert card
    soft reset

no joy, unreadable card. As I am thinking though, and this is a good time to start :-) Then I did the hard reset I removed the SD card first, and it was readable after the hard reset, so I am definately restoring my problem. But I honeslty haven't added any software in the past few days save for the wireless sync, and I have fully removed that bofre i did my backups. Grrr.
    That's the sequence that I used, sorry to hear that it didn't help. I would install CradleCare as there is a good chance of it working (do a search to read a bit about settings). Maybe someone will jump in with something more concrete.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am jsut really happy this new treo has so much internal memory that I was able to migrate my apps to RAM. Sorry that all my documents I use almnost hourly for work are on my sd card. as well as all my kick **** mp3's :-)

i've downloaded cradlecare and I'll read more about the settings when I get the time. At the momen, I have a rambunctous 3 year old and a crying 5 week old baby to deal with.

thanks again to all,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    didn't even need to set anything save for turning ont he sd card option in cradle care.

Thanks everyone.

Yet another bit of software I need to buy to make my treo functional.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx