1.    #1  
    here's my setup.

I use google calendar now and read the calendar from my Mac's iCal application. it's really nice on the computer, but I can't get the google calendars to sync to my treo 700p

i've been using The Missing Sync and just updated to the latest 5.1.1 build but am ready to completely uninstall the app because it's too unreliable.

the questions:

1. has anyone successfully used PalmDesktop/isync to synchronize their treo 700p with iCal (which itself is subscribed to my google calendars)?

2. i've never synced my 700p without The Missing Sync. I don't want to sync with the palm desktop app. I prefer iCal and Addressbook. Do I need to install Palm Desktop or can I use iSync directly?
    - ag47
    If you don't use Missing Sync you will need to install the Palm Desktop. I personally would advise against this. I use Missing Sync and it works very well. The latest update fixes a category bug with contacts.

Note that if you use Palm Desktop and the Apple iSync conduit you lose alot of functionality:
    1.) Only home addresses are synced in conduits. Even if you have only one address, if it's work it won't get synched.
    2.) I think it will sync only one or two emails addresses per contact
    3.) No categories are synced in contacts, everything comes in as unfiled.
    4.) No categories are synced in iCal, everything comes in as unfiled.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    righto.

in another thread i posted, people thought I was mad for using TMS. Now I see why I did it in the first place.

I'm just having MAJOR syncing problems (the Events conduit won't even initiate. just hangs). and TMS has a bad history of support with me. knowledgbase is pretty useless.

i might go back to paper for appointments until this is all sorted out.

here, i hate to say, is where the PC is superior to Macs - PDA syncing
    - ag47
    There's an online calendar service called AirSet (www.airset.com) that supports the iCal format and also syncs with Palm devices. I configured it to sync my Treo data with Mozilla Sunbird (which also does not directly support Palm sync) using a hosted .iCal file. You could probably configure it do the same with Google Calendar.

EDIT: After taking another look at their website, it appears as if they don't have a Mac version of their sync software.
    Unfortunately I can't add too much since it sound like TMS is having problems for you. I would suggest uninstalling TMS, removing it's preference files from you Library directory, then reinstalling it and trying again. To be honest it works pretty reliably for me, the only real problems I've had since 5.1 was sometimes failing during a bluetooth sync. Usually trying again works when that happens and I haven't had a problem under USB so far.

Quote Originally Posted by agnok47 View Post
    righto.

in another thread i posted, people thought I was mad for using TMS. Now I see why I did it in the first place.

I'm just having MAJOR syncing problems (the Events conduit won't even initiate. just hangs). and TMS has a bad history of support with me. knowledgbase is pretty useless.

i might go back to paper for appointments until this is all sorted out.

here, i hate to say, is where the PC is superior to Macs - PDA syncing
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680