1.    #1  
    I'm still getting back to this forum after having been away most of the Summer.

What are the plans for an unlocked GSM 700p?

Thanks,

Greg

unlocked 650, T-Mobile
    I believe the 700p will only be CDMA. They have other versions of the phone coming for GSM.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Next Monday (12 Sept 06) there will be the long-awaited announcement from Vodafone/Palm about the 750, but that's WM5 based.

Seems to me, though, that the consensus clamor on this board is starting to tilt towards WM5 and away from PalmOS. Kinda interesting, and I wonder whether we'll get a 750p or not on the GSM side of the street.
    One of the rumors says that Cingular will introduce WM5 and PalmOS versions of the 750. Most rumors say the Palm OS version won't have high-speed data (UMTS) but one or two rumors seem to say it will. We aren't likely to know much more until October.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    One of the rumors says that Cingular will introduce WM5 and PalmOS versions of the 750. Most rumors say the Palm OS version won't have high-speed data (UMTS) but one or two rumors seem to say it will. We aren't likely to know much more until October.
    A 750p w/o UMTS is a 650 and I already have one of those. And the games go on.
    Mostly, although it could be thinner and lighter. We will have to wait and see. I agree that it wouldn't be any dramatic improvement over the 650 without UMTS.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    A 750p w/o UMTS is a 650 and I already have one of those. And the games go on.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680