1.    #1  
    hey dudes

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I ordered the $50 monthly tetthering plan with Sprint --- so I should be able to connect to EVDO over bluetooth, on my laptop

I have a MAC with OS X.4.7

I opened up internet connect --- under Bluetooth, I put in "#777" as the call number and my sprint user name ---- I did not enter a password

from there, it does start dialing up on my phone, and it seems ready to go, but then it cancels at the last second

any ideas for what I'm doing wrong?

Any help here is GREATLY appreciated -- feel free to link me to any threads that discussed this before

THANK YOU ALL
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I use Verizon so I'm not sure on what to use for the password and username. What modem script are you using? I think you should be using the Sprint PCS Vision one. Do you get any message like modem script error or couldn't authenticate? If all else fails I would call Sprint and confirm you are on the right data plan. I originally asked for the Verizon Broadband Access Connect (their equivalent) but it didn't get put on so it wouldn't connect. Once I called them and got it added it worked fine.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    bcaslis - are you using a Mac or PC for Bluetooth tethering? If using a PC and having trouble - woek fine on the cable, but no on the BT.
    I am using a Mac just like the original poster.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy View Post
    hey dudes

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I ordered the $50 monthly tetthering plan with Sprint --- so I should be able to connect to EVDO over bluetooth, on my laptop

I have a MAC with OS X.4.7

I opened up internet connect --- under Bluetooth, I put in "#777" as the call number and my sprint user name ---- I did not enter a password

from there, it does start dialing up on my phone, and it seems ready to go, but then it cancels at the last second

any ideas for what I'm doing wrong?

Any help here is GREATLY appreciated -- feel free to link me to any threads that discussed this before

THANK YOU ALL
    This link might be helpful scroll to "Step 4 of 6: Pair your laptop with your Treo
    "
    because the first part of it is concerning the Treo 650.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  6.    #6  
    thank you guys - problem solved!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Could someone post a step by step guide for this on a PC? When I try to have my computer dial #777 I don't get a connection, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong.
    Are you looking for a tethering FAQ for a Sprint 700p on a PC (vs a Verizon)?
    Yes, but I'd rather not use the connection manager if possible, I don't really want unnecessary programs on my PC if I don't really need it.