Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hey Folks,

So I was trying out the new Tom Tom 6 today with my 700P and the dang backlight kept turning off while driving (essentially sleeping the Treo). This is the same thing that happens with phone calls which is slightly annoying. So, I have 2 questions.

1) When this happened on my Treo 600 I could just tap the screen and it would come back. This doesn't seem to work on the 700P. Is there another way to turn the backlight back on?

2) Is there a way (or app) that works on the 700P that wll force the backlight to stay on when conneected to power or for a specific app?

Thanks for any and all info as this is really annoying (esp when the screen turns of just when I ned to make that final destination turn like it did today).
    --Denny
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Perhaps there is a 3rd party app that is causing the backlight to turn off. I have the Tom Tom 6 and treo 700p and when Tom Tom is running the light stays on.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I'm dealing with Tom Tom 5 myself, but for what it's worth I use TealPrefs (a DA) to disable auto-off while running TT.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Pressing the red "end call" button should bring it back up.
    My Navigator 5 always stays on. but for other apps, I use AlwaysOn. Works like a charm.
    I am also using the new TomTom v6 with my 700p and love it. I have experienced a couple of instances with the backlight turning off (while the screen was still on) which made reading the directions very difficult. This problem however has seemed to go away on its own.

One thing with TomTom v6 that does irk me is how it handles using a contact as a destination. It wont recognize contacts that dont have a first/last name associated with it. I have many many business contacts that dont contain name information and TomTom wont pull any of these records up. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    One thing with TomTom v6 that does irk me is how it handles using a contact as a destination. It wont recognize contacts that dont have a first/last name associated with it. I have many many business contacts that dont contain name information and TomTom wont pull any of these records up. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    Drives me crazy as well
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre