Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Yes, when you are on Sprint and in a major market (or the fringes) and you are roaming, you are most likely roaming on Verizon's network. However, there are some smaller carriers CDMA around the country that Sprint has roaming contacts with. The other great thing about the 700p is that you can now force roaming and it is included in most plans. Just , as always, Sprint has the easiest to understand plans, which is one of the reasons I stick with them.

I just wish Sprint had as strong a signal as Verizon usually has
    Actually Sprint roaming priorities place Alltel and other smaller carriers first and Verizon last on the priority list. Pretty much anything in the Pacific Coast and Atlantic coast won't have Alltel so in those areas you'll be roaming on Verizon by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Also at 800mhz Sprint has to utilizes more towers via 1900mhz with Verizon which can give better data speeds at times. Verizon's network is large and sloppy, and the money from their gouging pays for trying to buy their capacity. Sprint planned EVDO before Verizon and would have rolled it out first if it wasn't for their merger with Nextel putting it on hold. Sprint built their own network from the ground up as apposed to buying existing networks and their compilation of 3 compainies calling it Verizon...hense the inconsistancy with their network technologies. That is the only reason why their network is so large and Sprints is smaller and growing. Verizon is the "OPORTUNIST" carrier to me.
    sprint licks nuts.... they hire anybody off the street.... no class. Verizon has double the walk-in retail space so you can get things resolved fast and easy. I pay for verizon to recieve better SERVICE overall. Simple, Affordable, National -- VERIZON WIRELESS!!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by on1sony View Post
    sprint licks nuts.... they hire anybody off the street.... no class. Verizon has double the walk-in retail space so you can get things resolved fast and easy. I pay for verizon to recieve better SERVICE overall. Simple, Affordable, National -- VERIZON WIRELESS!!!
    Yeah --- and you've got that ugly, dated VZ logo on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Yeah --- and you've got that ugly, dated VZ logo on your phone.
    Yeah...lol. Sprints new look and logo is a head in the right direction. WiMax is comming
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12