1.    #1  
    Occasionally with my Treo 700p, my screen will not turn off.
    I'll be using it to make a call, listen to ptunes, or watch video (with Kinoma Player), and pressing the red button does nothing to power off the screen. Switching thru a few apps and then trying to turn the screen off doesn't work, either. Leaving the 700p to sit for an hour doesn't do it, either (at least not until the battery dies). The only thing I have found to resolve this issue is to do a soft reset.

Another trick that didn't resolve the issue: wiping out saved_preferences. Nope, it didn't fix it. (But it did fix a crashing problem I was having with some other apps).

I searched this forum and haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue.

Am I the only one???

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?? Is it just me?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I sometimes can't turn it off for a couple of seconds (acts like something is going on in the background and it's not responding). But I've never had happen what you describe.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Sounds like to me that something has remapped the power button..

Does it not automatically turn off itself after the preset time? If not, some program is definately interfering. You might want to list what programs are running (not just programs installed..)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    this began happening to me after I installed Chatter. Once I open chatter, the red button will only turn the screen off if I am in Chatter. In any other app, or on the phone screen, I'm out of luck until I go back into Chatter.

FWIW...
    Post in the Chatter forum and I'll bet Mark can help you out. You might want to make sure that in Chatter's system preferences that the "Quick Exit (700p)" is checked.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I think it's Kinoma. I don't have Chatter and I don't have a 700, but do have a 650. I did not have the problem until I installed Kinoma. After installing Kinoma, every now and then, I can't turn the screen off. I have to do a reset. Fortunately, I installed mReset a long time ago and just hit that and restarts and everything is fine.