Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just for voice calls, not music, what's the value of it vs using the Treo as a regular phone or speakerphone?
    Hands free operation. Leaves your hands free to do other tasks, or just the convenience of not having to hold the phone to your ear for a long period time. Great for outside or while driving!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by powerdog View Post
    Just for voice calls, not music, what's the value of it vs using the Treo as a regular phone or speakerphone?
    Good question.
    I think people just wear them cause they think they look cool.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Diva, speakerphone doesn't do the job?
    I don't like the speakerphone while walking outside. Plus I can answer from the headset without even picking up the phone.

However, I'm still not a heavy user of BT headsets. I think it drains the battery of the phone faster.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In New York, it's illegal to hold a cell phone up to your ear while driving. Unfortunately, I quickly noticed that it was far more dangerous for me to grab my wired headset, plug it in to the phone and then put it on my ear every time a call came in -- all while I was driving. With a BT headset, I just pop it on my ear and answer the call.
    Handsfree is required in Chicago too. BT headsets are a necessity when driving. A convenience in most other cases.

Add a new reason to all of the above. I wear hearing aids. They are telephone unfriendly, particularly cellphones. the issue is feedback. I remove a hearing aid and put on my bluetooth headset and it works well.
    Wires suck:
    1) Snags
    2) Tangled mess
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Good question.
    I think people just wear them cause they think they look cool.
    Such a generalization and not true in my case - wires suck
  11.    #11  
    Speakerphone in the car doesn't work? I'm not trying to challenge these answers, just curious.
    the speakerphone on the Treo is not that good. cuts out too much. Even in the car with the windows rolled up.
    1. I know people who get weirded out when they know they're on speakerphone(see 3). Privacy issue for some.

2. Another thing. You still have to physically touch the phone to answer and transfer to speakerphone. Or at least on the phones I used it on did(I didn't use on the 650). That's just as bad in the car, you have a phone in your hand. Suppose a cop happens by.

3. Doesn't the sound get distorted on the other person's end? It does sound hollow when someone called me on a landline phone. You can sometimes tell when you've been transferred to speakerphone just by the change in sound.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/06/2006 at 03:20 PM. Reason: clarification.

Speakerphone in the car doesn't work? I'm not trying to challenge these answers, just curious.
    Try a reasonably priced BT headset first, if you're not that enthused by them. No need to spend over $100 for an experiment. Then realize the freedom of handsfree.

I use HF800 ($20 on ebay) in car because it's always on the visor as opposed to wearing the headset 24/7 or searching/reaching for it when a call comes through.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    A BT wireless speaker? Will it clip on to something? Like a laptop? That would be perfect! I'm always answering the phone while on the laptop.

I have to ask though. Anyone complain about hollow sound?

Yep, it's sweet.
    Can you please give a short review of the sound of callers? And also range? I read you can't go too far like you can with a headset. I also know there is no AC charger, just a car charger, which isn't convenient IMO.

I decided to look into other models of BT speakerphones also. Most others have AC chargers included. They could also eliminate the need for a headset some of the time.

The OP put ideas into my head.
    I still need handsfree, but not necessarily always a headset, if the BT speakerphones work.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/06/2006 at 10:16 PM.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Have you never owned a Treo? The speakerphone is quite lacking. At least on the 3 I have owned.Better than the PPC-6700 though.
  20.    #20  
    I only only own my current 700p. Speakerphone seems usable to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast