Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Well, I have never used any of the 700s. The 2 650s I had and the 600 I had, had very poor speakerphones. The cheapo Nokia that I had sounded better than both. I never used the speaker phone on any of my Treos for talking, just to wait to be taken off hold and things like that.
    BT headsets allow multi tasking. That's important when you're up to your eyeballs in work and can't ignore certain calls. Since I'm on call 24/7, I also use mine in the gym. I put my Treo in my locker and can walk all over the gym without losing connection. Gets me stared at, but what the hey.
    I've resisted the urge to get a BT headseat till now, but the Treo speakerphone is as good as USELESS, even is a quiet room, forget about a car.

There is too much distortion and the microphone is no good.

btw, my previous Nokia (6650) was a real gem, its speakerphone voice quality was EXCELLENT. I could leave it on the dashboard and talk "normally."
    Did anyone complain about how you sounded through your Nokia speakerphone? I am now using Nokia and if I can use the headset outside only, that would be OK with me! My one problem with previous speakerphones was people could tell they were on speakerphone because of the hollow sound and some thought their privacy was being compromised, even though I was alone.

With the headset, people are OK with that because the conversation can't be heard. Of course, then I'd have the same problem with the BT speaker, people complaining the conversation isn't private(if they can tell they're on it). I guess I may have to stick with headsets, even indoors, if that's the case.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did anyone complain about how you sounded through your Nokia speakerphone?
    I've never had people complain about 1) voice quality over speakerphone and 2) privacy issues (but that is a personal thing, I suppose) with my Nokia.

I find I always have to keep repeating myself and asking the other person to speak s-l-o-w-l-y and clearly when using a Treo.
    Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12