Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey guys...
    pretty new to this forum. I am hoping that someone can show me if there is any app to replace the current PHONE app on the 650.

It is nice and all, but i just want to know if there are other out there. FREE or otherwise.

another thing is the message app. it can do the job. however, i got a problem. as my friends sometimes have 2-3 mobiles (!!) numbers and when they send a message with this new number. i want to directly set it to a contact that i already have. currently, it only allow me to set up a new one. i dun wan to have friendA (mobile1), friendA (mobile2).

can help?
    Try Takephone. I haven't tried it myself but it is recommended by other users on this forum. This may solve your multiple numbers issue also. If not....

You can assign multiple mobile numbers to a single contact name. When you are in your contact edit screen, select the arrow next to a field and change it to "mobile". You can then assign a second/third etc. mobile number to that same contact.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by lido; 09/06/2006 at 06:41 AM.
    Lido
    Treo 650, UK
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    yes.. this helps.. trying it out now...
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, TakePhone does not provide or add any additional functionality to the messaging system. It's pretty much just a "Phone" app replacement.
    Takephone is the best dialer out there, bar-none. As for SMS, Iambic Mail from the Agendus Pro package (I'm not sure if you can get IMail on its own) can also handle SMS.
    Agendus Pro is nice, but 40 bucks!! :/
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    Agendus Pro is nice, but 40 bucks!! :/
    Only if you're ethical!

::cough::

Which I am, of course.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ok..i got some problem with take phone...

i use the find function and i am able to find the number by name or by number quite easily...however, when i 'tap to dial' it errors to "Telephony library not found (050A)"

any one has any answers??

so far..i quite like it... but. it is a little complicated... something apps needs to be able to be little cleaner, simpler...