Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/high...-700p_1260.htm

Anyone here use this? Looks suspiciously like a repackaged seidio battery. Is this actually any better than the seidio?

Sam
    same specs. if Seidios are out of stock, at least there is another option for people. wouldn't say better, just the same.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    The Boxwave is double the price of the Seidio. The spec is the same, but performance could be differnet. I'd like to see a thorough performance test between the the Seidio and Boxwave extended batteries and the OEM battery. Someone did a short test of the Seidio and OEM batteries but they only went to 90% of charge and then called it quits declaring the Seidio does last longer. Let's see a test go to 10% state of charge and compare the numbers.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I think it's funny how websites make you think you're getting a deal. "Web Special", I see that all the time! $38.95 is the actual price, it probably never was $85.95. I know of another site that always has "specials" but claims it expires that same day. Yet, you go back there and the same or similar "special" is going on.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm wondering if there are quite a few people who use the extended battery, and whether they've had any problems. I'd like to get one, but with all the press that self-incinerating batteries have been getting lately, I'm obviously a bit reluctant to got a non-OEM battery. Does anyone know who actually manufactures the Seidio or Boxwave batteries? And has anyone experienced any issues when charging (i.e. getting noticeably hot, etc?).
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    I ordered one from boxwave from amazon.com. It hasnt come in yet, but I'd be more than willing to test it once it arrives. I do not have the seidio one however, so I cant compare to that, only to the OEM one.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybert View Post
    I ordered one from boxwave from amazon.com. It hasnt come in yet, but I'd be more than willing to test it once it arrives. I do not have the seidio one however, so I cant compare to that, only to the OEM one.
    Please keep us posted...
    I hope these batteries are not made by Sony - imagine exploding Treos!!!!!!
    Using a Seidio 2400 battery for a few months now. can't imagine without it, as the stock one did not last long enough for my needs. no problems, and works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    Using a Seidio 2400 battery for a few months now. can't imagine without it, as the stock one did not last long enough for my needs. no problems, and works perfectly.
    It would be nice to have a Maxwell Smart type Treo, someone steels it, it starts a countdown & Bam!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    that is interesting - I just ordered an OEM extended one off ebay for less than $20 shipped!
    I don't think these are the same, as the seidio is a 3.6v and this one says it is a 3.7v (which is the same as the stock battery)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    that is interesting - I just ordered an OEM extended one off ebay for less than $20 shipped!
    can you provide a link to the one you purchased? I wasnt able to find any oem extended ones, just the oem replacement batteries. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    OEM extended
    Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? As far as I know, Palm only sells the one size battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? As far as I know, Palm only sells the one size battery.
    not really...some companies do sell extended batteries for their phones. i search ebay however, and was unable to find one for the 700p that was being sold by palm
    One thing with the Seidio 2400mAh battery is that it doesn't keep the JTAG port in the held off state.

Don't know what that means. Shadowmite mentioned it here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=122296
    How exactly is 2400mAh "approx. 2x more capacity than the standard battery" which is 1800mAh? New math at Boxwave?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybert View Post
    i search ebay however, and was unable to find one for the 700p that was being sold by palm
    That's what I meant. If Palm only sells the one, then "OEM extended" is a contradiction.
    I am sorry it is not OEM but an extended http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Looks like the rest have been priced higher though http://search.stores.ebay.com/Licket...701705QQsofpZ0

Oh well ya snooze ya lose...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast