Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I would like to have the 700p check my emails every 30 minutes and send them to my phone. (yahoo and hotmail both).

Is this something that can be done or do i need to buy Outlook and install that to my PC first?
    the two email providers you mention are tricky...you cannot just use a regular email client like snappermail or versamail for various reasons...for hotmail...look for a program called glimmermail...it will do what you want...for yahoo you have to pay for the premium mobile service to enable it to be retrieved with a third party client.once you do that...then you can use versamail or snappermail or chattermail to retrieve it at scheduled intervals...all of the programs mentioned can be found easily with a google search...hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by camplivingston View Post
    the two email providers you mention are tricky...you cannot just use a regular email client like snappermail or versamail for various reasons...for hotmail...look for a program called glimmermail...it will do what you want...for yahoo you have to pay for the premium mobile service to enable it to be retrieved with a third party client.once you do that...then you can use versamail or snappermail or chattermail to retrieve it at scheduled intervals...all of the programs mentioned can be found easily with a google search...hope this helps...
    what about for doing this kind of scheduled email retrieval for aol mail?
    versamail and snappermail will both retrieve aol mail at scheduled intervals
    versamail and snappermail will both retrieve aol mail at scheduled intervals
    i HATE versamail. hate hate hate it. thanks tho for such a quick message.
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    i HATE versamail. hate hate hate it. thanks tho for such a quick message.

Check out ChatterEmail. It handles AOL mail in real time push fashion or on a timed retrival.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ok, i'm confused then.

how does a normal person get their email sent to their phone? i keep reading people having their outlook mail sent directly to their phone.

if you would, would you mind explaining the best way for me to receive emails to my 700p.......regardless if it means i have to buy a program or create a new email account.
    Box33,

GlimmerMail will allow you to access and manage your Hotmail/MSN email accounts but does not support POP-based accounts. POP is the protocol used by most other mail providers. You can also use MSN alerts to be automatically paged (via SMS) when a new Hotmail/MSN message arrives in your inbox. Unfortunately, though, until we integrate POP support into GlimmerMail you will have to use two separate email programs (one for hotmail/msn and one for everything else).

Let me know if you have any additional questions about GlimmerMail and feel free to download a trial at www.sunroomsoft.com.

Thanks,
    Troy
    support@sunroomsoft.com
    Sun Room Software, LLC