Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Has anyone posted a step by step?

If not, can someone smarter than me do so?
    Orb. has got to be the easiest thing to set up, from the computer you want to share, download the orb problem it will intall itself, start, and ask you what folders or drives you want to share, you chose what you want, and from your treo or anyother pc, you go to orb.com sign in , and thats it you have access to your pc, all you have to do is sign in to you account,and slingbox, i dont even think that works for the 700p
    SlingBox doesn't work with the Treo 700P...
    Go to Orb.com. Download and install onto your PC.
    Set up your orb username/password and the rest of your account.
    Tell it where to record video files to (if you have a TV Tuner card).
    It will walk you through choosing which folders on your PC have files to share.

After you've set up your PC, on your 700p, simply open up the web browser and go to "my.orb.com" and login. Check all 3 boxes below the login info so that it will remember your username and password each time you go to my.orb.com. And it's just that easy.

Note: If you are going to be recording TV shows via a TV tuner card, and wish to set up "Orb Passes" which let Orb automatically record TV shows each time they're on, use the classic, not the default MeeVee interface. There are bugs with Orb passes and the MeeVee interface.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Wow. Thanks for the replies. There are a bunch of smart folks here. Another question though:

Do I have to have a TV Tuner Card to use Orb? And if so, is there a walkthrough for that?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    you don't have to have a tv tuner card for orb, but if you want normal cable channels then yes you do. you can still stream downloaded movies, tv shows, and music, etc via orb w/o the tuner card.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444 View Post
    you don't have to have a tv tuner card for orb, but if you want normal cable channels then yes you do. you can still stream downloaded movies, tv shows, and music, etc via orb w/o the tuner card.
    Thank you for replying so quickly. If I may impose on you again:

OK, so I download Orb to my Desktop establishing a user name and password.

Then I go to myorb from my Treo. I log in. I'm assuming I can get internet channels and stuff but can I access the "local listings" section, or is that what I need the tuner card for?

Is there a walkthrough for adding a TV Tuner card to your desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    Thank you for replying so quickly. If I may impose on you again:

OK, so I download Orb to my Desktop establishing a user name and password.

Then I go to myorb from my Treo. I log in. I'm assuming I can get internet channels and stuff but can I access the "local listings" section, or is that what I need the tuner card for?

Is there a walkthrough for adding a TV Tuner card to your desktop?
    I advise you buy the TV cards orb.com suggests. It doesn't support every TV card, only a subset of them.

Also, get the video streaming working first. It's a lot easier than setting the tuner card.