1.    #1  
    Gawd I wish I could use the IR on my treo as a tv remote, I seem to lose my tv remote on a daily basis.
    Noviremote. But the Tréo's IR capabilities suck. I used it for awhile, works great 24" or closer to the TV. I did just buy 2 universal remotes on Ebay for $1.97
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  3.    #3  
    Boost IR up to 75 feet:

http://www.novii.tv/palm/blaster/
    Blaster would work, but it requires an external IR port. It uses your SD card slot. Doesn't seem worth it to me, in order to use my phone without my card would be like typing without my thumbs.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    I suppose you could get one of those IR repeaters. I believe there is one that is a set of pyramids from Radio Shack. It converts the IR to RF and then the other one turns RF back to IR and directs it at the TV or whatever else. The RF is supposed to give better distance since it can go through walls and other objects better.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I suppose you could get one of those IR repeaters. I believe there is one that is a set of pyramids from Radio Shack. It converts the IR to RF and then the other one turns RF back to IR and directs it at the TV or whatever else. The RF is supposed to give better distance since it can go through walls and other objects better.
    I just think it would be funny, to go in a resturant like 54th street with lcd, plazmas, and that sort then start changing all the channels to what I want lol. . .
    That's nifty! I wonder how IR frames are encapsulated into RF packets and how the other end knows which packets to listen for... I bow before the software engineer who implemented all of this!

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I use OmniRemote by Pacific NeoTek. It works ok on the 600 I have but the range may be in issue for some. Oddly enough, the Visor I had worked fro a better range..in the neighborhood of 20-25"! You'd be lucky to get 1/3 that with the Treo 600.

Semi-related. I recently purchased a $35 remote extender that transforms a remote control's IR signal to RF (all IR devices emit a faint RF signal). The system uses a special battery/tranmitter the size of a AA or AAA) battery that sits in the remote. It converts IR to RF then sends RF to a fixture placed in the room with the TV or other. The fixture converts the RF back to IR and spits it to the TV in the room. I use it to control my music on my deck outside and did not want to run IR emitters/receivers all over the place. It has a range of around 100-150' and does not require line of sight. Quite possibly the best thing I ever purchased.

Not sure if it could be rigged up inside the treo. I did see a mod where a guy was using some AAA recargables in his Treo. This in combination with the palm remote software might work out.