1.    #1  
    Although a reliable speed test site has been discussed numerous time on this board the fact seems to remain there is no reliable way to test throughput on Sprint.

That said I have no way to substantiate what I am about to say other than to say visually it appears my EVDO although never as fast as it seemed to have been touted, is slowly degrading and sometimes even under performing what my 650 with vision would do.

Anybody else have similar observations and / or ideas on how to test speed or see if a phone is provisioned properly?

Shane
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I put my 650 next to the 700p in the store before I made the switch. Same web page link on each. 700p blew the 650 away. I have done all the speed test list in other threads on this site, but nothing beats a side-by-side comparison. And the 700p with EVDO kills the 650 on vision. I also benefit greatly fro the caching that the 700p does. The 650 always took forever to go back a page after. The 700p flies back a page.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I think a lot of the low speed test results were from dslreports which seems to be affected by a blazer bug. I remember a while back someone on this board posted a speed test site where I was getting anywhere from 800 kbps to 1000 kbps throughput. If you just download data on the 700P it runs like lightning.
    bit_bucket
    EVDO is fast. Blazer is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    I put my 650 next to the 700p in the store before I made the switch. Same web page link on each. 700p blew the 650 away. I have done all the speed test list in other threads on this site, but nothing beats a side-by-side comparison. And the 700p with EVDO kills the 650 on vision. I also benefit greatly fro the caching that the 700p does. The 650 always took forever to go back a page after. The 700p flies back a page.
    Yes, at first, I didn't realize the difference, picking out abstracted news articles on Blazer's default home page, but I've come to really appreciate how fast EVDO really is lately, especially when it comes to larger pages. It's a really big deal.
    The GF has my 650 so I have access to it, generaly my 700 is 2-3x as fast on any given page.
    keocera 7035>> treo600>> treo650>>700p>>755
    Notalent, but I make up for it with lots of practice
    Heck yeah! My EVDO is $15 more a month better than my previously included Vision - Sprint's invoice tells me so!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    EvDo rocks!
    Download a 1MB document on the 650 and 700p side-by-side. It's not even close. But most apps (even Blazer) don't take full advantage of the EVDO, sad to say.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Well first off, and I know this is a stupid question, but are you SURE you're in an EVDO coverage area, and you are connected to EVDO (i.e. blue data arrows instead of green)?

If so, I'd put in a trouble ticket. EVDO should clearly be faster, and for most people (including myself), the difference is like night and day.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    are in in EDVO area?

My FLYS when connect to my laptop I am going almost as fast as my cable internet!
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE