Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I dial a local area phone number first when I want to make long distance calls.

    Sequence I follow is:
    1. Dial local number (for discounted long distance rates)
    2. Other end picks and automated answer says to to now dial my long distance number
    3. I then dial my long distance number.

    Is there a way I can automate this with all my long distance numbers? That way, my local number (for long distance discount rates) is first dialed, then after a couple of seconds after the phone is picked up, dial the long distance number?

    I hate having to first memorize the long distance number I want to dial, then dial my long distance provider and then dial the long distance number. Very akward to say the least.
  2. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #2  
    You may want to check out TakePhone.

    It does just what your looking for with it's "Calling card" feature. It's also a GREAT replacement app for the Treo's built-in "Phone" application (much better search functionality.)

    I use the calling card feature when dialing international numbers.
  3. #3  
    If you call the same numbers a lot you can set up your speed dials with "extra numbers." You use , [commas] as 1 second pauses. So you could set up a speed dial as follows 8002826420,,,,number to be called. Be sure to set up your extra number to dial automaticly. TakePhone is ok I've installed and removed it at least 3 times, I've never gotten to where I really like it.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  4. #4  
    You can just add them in your Phone Favorites. Just add a new Phone Favorite. \

    Open up the Phone. Bring up the Menu. Edit Favorites Pages. Tap on an empty box. You should get Speed Dial.

    Put in your local dial around number in Number. Then, click on the "More" button at the bottom right. Add some commas ((,) each are 1 second pause if needed) and then enter your long distance number. Make sure the Dial Extra digits automatically is UNCHECKED. Unless you have tons of long distance numbers you regularly call, there should be enough empty boxes in the Phone Favorites for you.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    You can just add them in your Phone Favorites. Just add a new Phone Favorite. \

    Open up the Phone. Bring up the Menu. Edit Favorites Pages. Tap on an empty box. You should get Speed Dial.

    Put in your local dial around number in Number. Then, click on the "More" button at the bottom right. Add some commas ((,) each are 1 second pause if needed) and then enter your long distance number. Make sure the Dial Extra digits automatically is UNCHECKED. Unless you have tons of long distance numbers you regularly call, there should be enough empty boxes in the Phone Favorites for you.
    Thanks! I tried that and that worked.

    The downside to this is that you end up having almost 2 "contact" dbs that will inevitably get out sync.

    So adding my local long distance provider number to all my long distance contacts with commas separating the two numbers won't accomplish the same thing?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    You may want to check out TakePhone.

    It does just what your looking for with it's "Calling card" feature. It's also a GREAT replacement app for the Treo's built-in "Phone" application (much better search functionality.)

    I use the calling card feature when dialing international numbers.
    Thanks spiVeyx! I tried that but can't get it to work. Can you tell me perhaps what I may be doing wrong?

    I have tried to set this up in the Options menu under Telephony preferences.

    1. I clicked on configure on the "Use calling-card/s" option
    2. I then keyed in a name for it in first field
    3. I then keyed in the long distance provider number (local number) in the script field, and "tx" after it with a space in between the number and the text
    4. For rules, I simply create only 1 rule and have the number "1" in the first rule. To my understanding this simply means that for any contact in my phone, whose number starts with a 1, it would first dial my long distance provider number, pause a bit and then dial out the contact number.

    I must be doing something wrong, because when I added a 1 to one of my long distance contacts to test it out, it dials the long distance provider number no problem, but then when the button comes up on the screen to dial the extra digits, I press that button, but then it doesn't actually dial the numbers and all that happens is that I continue to hear my long distance provider automated message.

    Please help me figure this out asap.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  7.    #7  
    Can someone please help me out here? Thanks! Surely there must be tons of TakePhone users who have set this up?

    Is there a support forum for TakePhone? Maybe I should post this there instead....
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    Can someone please help me out here? Thanks! Surely there must be tons of TakePhone users who have set this up?

    Is there a support forum for TakePhone? Maybe I should post this there instead....
    Post your question in this thread.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. #9  
    must try TakePhone - ppl have been saying a lot abt it lately and now seems like there is a cooperation with the VOYP app that we can make voip calls also from takephone - very good isn't.

    -$5
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    Thanks spiVeyx! I tried that but can't get it to work. Can you tell me perhaps what I may be doing wrong?

    I have tried to set this up in the Options menu under Telephony preferences.

    1. I clicked on configure on the "Use calling-card/s" option
    2. I then keyed in a name for it in first field
    3. I then keyed in the long distance provider number (local number) in the script field, and "tx" after it with a space in between the number and the text
    4. For rules, I simply create only 1 rule and have the number "1" in the first rule. To my understanding this simply means that for any contact in my phone, whose number starts with a 1, it would first dial my long distance provider number, pause a bit and then dial out the contact number.

    I must be doing something wrong, because when I added a 1 to one of my long distance contacts to test it out, it dials the long distance provider number no problem, but then when the button comes up on the screen to dial the extra digits, I press that button, but then it doesn't actually dial the numbers and all that happens is that I continue to hear my long distance provider automated message.

    Please help me figure this out asap.
    Hi,

    Add an "N" after the "tx" - it's a placeholder for the original number.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    Add an "N" after the "tx" - it's a placeholder for the original number.
    Thanks Shimon! Works great!

    One last question. After the phone dials the first number, a button appears on the screen labelled "Continue Dialing". If that button is not pressed, would the phone dial the next set of numbers anyway?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    Thanks Shimon! Works great!

    One last question. After the phone dials the first number, a button appears on the screen labelled "Continue Dialing". If that button is not pressed, would the phone dial the next set of numbers anyway?
    Hi,

    No - to make the pause "timed" (just a delay, then continue) - use "t" instead of the "tx"
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    No - to make the pause "timed" (just a delay, then continue) - use "t" instead of the "tx"
    Just plain friggin' awesome Shimon!!!!!
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra

Posting Permissions