Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I removed a week old decal I had on my Treo to cover some scratches today. I bought this decal from an eBay seller called "pinkstatic." It removed so much of the chrome paint on my Treo (just above the D-pad) that I can see through it.

Just a warning to others.

Peace,

4s
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I also just took a BSE off that I had above the screen, and that took paint with it as well.

I will post pics tonight. This is nuts.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I guess that just goes to show that the chrome paint that palm uses is cheap and crappy. =(
    wow that sucks. thanx for the warning...
    wow. how long did you have the bse on for?
    Those crystal cases that are all over eBay are definitely the way to go. The additional bulk is negligible and even when I dropped my phone so far the case popped open (it fell out of my pants while dismounting somebody's SUV), the phone came out unscathed.
    I was in the same boat. It pealed bits of the chrome off mine also. BLAH!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Sorry for not posting pics last night. My wife had the camera. I will do it tonight.

Let me just say, that I have a sense of perspective on this. I mean, in the grand scheme of things...

Still, I also like to fix things and tinker with things, but don't know where to turn next. It seems like my options are:

1. Just get a case that covers as much as possible.
    2. Replace the housing.
    3. Live with it.

My fear of #2 is that it voids the Palm warranty, which I am only 8 months into. Am I to assume that if I had a problem now, Sprint would send me to Palm and Palm would get me for voiding the warranty? If so, should I just wait unti I am only covered by Assurion and then swap out the housing?

Actually, #3 is not so bad. It is kind of liberating, in a Tyler Durden sort of way, to not care anymore what this thing looks like and just use it as I should.

- C.S. Lewis
    I've never used a skin, but I've always had problems with the chrome paint on the faceplate. On my old Treo 600 I just chalked it up to age and wear, but I noticed the first scrapes on my Treo 700p after just a few weeks of use. Very frustrating.
    Hmm, I wonder if there is a safe way to remove mine. The reason why I put one on in the first place was to preserve and protect the OEM housing. I'll let you all know how it goes when I take mine off...
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My only suggestion would be to go as slow as you possibly can.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    www.mytego.com

dang, and I was considering getting an all black cover for my 700 to look like a black tie edition!
    I've had 2 skins on my Treo 650 from myTego.com and had no problem when I removed the 1st one. It came off clean without taking off any paint. They must use a different glue.