1.    #1  
    I hope you can set the codecs and resolution etc.
    It would be great to set it to 320x320 xvid AVI with MP3 sound and simply insert the card in your Treo for perfect playback!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I hope you can set the codecs and resolution etc.
    It would be great to set it to 320x320 xvid AVI with MP3 sound and simply insert the card in your Treo for perfect playback!
    I'm excited about this device. Can't TCPMP handle different resolutions without conversion anyway?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    People really want this? I don't see how it would be much more usable than a TV card for your computer. Certainly not more functional.
  5.    #5  
    This is a good first step in the right direction. Now, if SanDisk could license this technology to TiVo set top boxes and similar devices, think how much easier and fun this whole process could be.

If I remember correctly, some set top boxes/DVD players already have an SD card slot so you can view pictures through your TV (not sure about video though.)

Way down the line, it would be super cool to record video live straight from a Palm or Pocket PC, though not sure if that's possible. No matter what happens, it'll be interesting to see what develops from here on out.
    It looks to me like it will allow you to bypass a very time consuming step of converting video to the proper format for our phones. The software approach, which works well, takes an enormous amount of time and pretty much renders your computer useless while running. It looks to me like this thing will convert video to the proper format in real time. I'll be buying one today. Thanks for the heads up on what looks like a great device !(ain't too expensive either). Now if I only had time to watch the video!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    It looks to me like it will allow you to bypass a very time consuming step of converting video to the proper format for our phones. The software approach, which works well, takes an enormous amount of time and pretty much renders your computer useless while running. It looks to me like this thing will convert video to the proper format in real time. I'll be buying one today. Thanks for the heads up on what looks like a great device !(ain't too expensive either). Now if I only had time to watch the video!!
    I completely agree. I will now be able to record a show from any TV to watch on my Treo with no PC in sight.
  8.    #8  
    I wonder how the SanDsik Video recorder set-up will work with the TV. Would you also need a "middleman" device like a VCR, TiVO/DVR, or camrecorder? I also wonder if you can set this thing up with a desktop or laptop computer to use for video on the Web.
    If it's just a matter of having this thing record and putting into my Treo to instantly play....I want!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I wonder how the SanDsik Video recorder set-up will work with the TV. Would you also need a "middleman" device like a VCR, TiVO/DVR, or camrecorder?
    That's what I'm thinking. It looks like all it does is accept an analog signal, and put it on the card. It uses an IR emitter to power on the appropriate peripherals and set the channel.

It looks to me like it will allow you to bypass a very time consuming step of converting video to the proper format for our phones. The software approach, which works well, takes an enormous amount of time and pretty much renders your computer useless while running. It looks to me like this thing will convert video to the proper format in real time.
    If the source is live TV, both this device and a computer will convert it to any format you wish in real time. If you're referring to media all ready on your computer, then this device will be limited to real time where your computer can do it much faster.

Lets not forget that, while the recorder is sitting at home preparing to record the show that you can't be there to see, the memory card normally kept in your Treo must be right there along with it. Otherwise you'll have to dedicate a large enough secondary card to that function.
    Last edited by RawsonDR; 09/08/2006 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. It looks like all it does is accept an analog signal, and put it on the card. It uses an IR emitter to power on the appropriate peripherals and set the channel.

If the source is live TV, both this device and a computer will convert it to any format you wish in real time. If you're referring to media all ready on your computer, then this device will be limited to real time where your computer can do it much faster.

Lets not forget that, while the recorder is sitting at home preparing to record the show that you can't be there to see, the memory card normally kept in your Treo must be right there along with it. Otherwise you'll have to dedicate a large enough secondary card to that function.
    Yes, a secondary card is a must.
  12.    #12  
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I bought this. It works fantastic expecially when TCPMP can NOW play MPEG4format. I did notice that the audio 'lacks' a little behind, but you can adjust that with TCPMP. I'm running 320x240 with a frame rate of 30 FRAMES PER SECOND, and it runs great on the 700p. Don't go to a higher resolution, like 640x480, because it'll skip. 320x240 is fine and the picture is GREAT!!

I'm wondering if anyone has this AND has adjusted their audio on movies/shows. But let me tell you, the Sandisk V-Mate is great as far as I'm concerned...