Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 700p continues its reset loop even after I've done a hard reset. Any ideas, short of smashing the thing with a sledgehammer? Thanks in advance!!
    try a warm reset?
  3.    #3  
    I've tried the following:

1. Simply pushing the reset button.
    2. Warm reset.
    3. Hard reset.
    4. Taking the battery out.

All results are the same: the phone continues to stay in the reboot loop. The "Access Powered" screen comes on for about two seconds and then reboots, then the "Access Powered" screen comes on for two seconds and then reboots, etc. The only way to stop this is to remove the battery. When I put the battery back in, the reboot cycle starts again.
    That's one of your apps causing that, you will need to erase all and start over....sadly
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    I agree it's an application that's causing the loop. However, since even a hard reset has no effect, how can I regain control of the phone?
    Please keep us posted on this. Ben
    Does it let you do a hard reset or is the loop preventing this? If you can do a hard reset, is it looping immediately after? If yes to both then it sounds like a hardware issue that needs a replacement.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hold down the power button while you put the battery back in. That might do it...let us know.
    Try a zero Out reset. If that does not work the likelihood is that the memory is bad in the phone. I had the same problem. Zero Out reset did not work as a last resort. I brought it back to sprint, and they replaced it. Here is a link that describes how to do a Zero Out Reset. Good luck. There was series of T700p's that had bad memory. There are a couple of threads on the forum discussing this.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...1,Case=obj(887)
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    According to Palm support the zero reset option is NOT supported on the Treo 700p. I tried it exactly as outlined for the Treo 650 with no success. Palm has failed to answer my additional questions regarding this as well.

I ran into the constant reboot issue with PalmRevolt and I found that if I soft reset while holding the up button on the 5 way pad it would bypass what ever app is causing the issues. This was suggested by the developer of PalmRevolt so I take no credit on this.
    read my thread on the defective memory chips. if you have a bad one no reset will help.

It's hardware failure.
    That sucks, good luck & keep us posted.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    For what it's worth... mine is stuck in the reset loop too. There's no way to stop it. I'll have to stop by the Sprint Store tomorrow.

Ricardo
  14. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This just happened to my VZW 700p as well, I haven't tried a hard reset yet, I think I'm gonna go home and try that. But I'm afraid that would not work either... f!
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
  15. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Just tried hard reset and as expected, did not help!
  16. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Alright, new phone is on the way from VZW, added twelve bucks for overnighting the damn thing...
    What a strange phenomenon, an unbreakable reset loop! What could be going on here, and what's next?
  18. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    in theory a hard reset should set everything to their default states and should solve these problems, but then it really doesn't zero out all the non volatile memory in the device, at least not on the 700p. So anything could cause this, and obviously, a hardware failure would cause this also... It's probably not a coincidence that a few of us are experiencing this only these 2 days... Hmm...
  19. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Here's a video of the reset loop on my 700p.
    Sometimes a system reset fails to break out of a loop. These extra steps may break the loop without having to perform a full hard reset.

1. Perform the first part of a hard reset but stop when you see the option to press UP to erase all data.

2. Then perform a system reset as described above but make sure to depress the RESET pin first and then the UP button; otherwise you will complete the hard reset. Be careful! Don't accidentally perform a hard reset, or you will lose all data on your device.

(Excerpt from Palm: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,Case=obj(887))
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast