Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am aware of that, but it did not work, a hard reset did not work either.
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
  2.    #22  
    Thought I would give an update.

I took my 700p into the Sprint store to see if they could fix the reset loop. They gave it to their technician, and within five minutes they simply gave me a new 700p. So it was apparently a hardware issue. I synced my new 700p and restored all the same programs that were on my old 700p. The new phone seems to be working fine with the same programs.

By the way, I'm usually at the front of the line when it comes to bashing the chimps they have working at Sprint. But I must admit I was very impressed with my visit to the store. The greeter was friendly, the wait was only five minutes, and the clerk was very professional and helpful. This is certainly not what I've learned to expect from Sprint's customer service over the last four years. Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised by their good customer service.
  3. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just got my replacement 700p from vzw, had it overnighted to me. I haven't done a restore yet but I've activated it online and it's blazingly fast coz it has no apps... heh... I'm gonna restore it when I get home with MissingSync...

When I was on the phone the guy walked me through a hard reset and it didn't help and he just sent me a replacement, so this is probably a pretty common issue with a batch of 700p. The thing is though, I waited a month or so to get my 700p coz I didn't want the very first batch, but I guess that didn't help, LOL...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12