1.    #1  
    Hi, new 700p owner here.. its a sweet phone. I just got on musicdock and setup XM to run on my treo. My question is if I can turn off the screen to conserve battery while it is streaming music. Its a really cool feature but really impractical if I have to waste the battery to listen to music. I know ptunes has a "turn off screen" option but it doesnt seem to be available while streaming.

Please let me know!! thanks
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    The only thing you could do is press option+p then lower the brightness all the way down and then back up when you are done listening. Thats what I do until Palm decides to update kinoma to turn off screen during play.
    Hi if using P-Tunes to Stream music from the internet, there is a button to luanch it the in P-Tunes. Once you switch to the true P-Tunes Application. You can then save the bookmark or look it up in the Internet Audio catagory of "All Music". When listening to from the main PTunes application you can then let it go to background mode...

I have not tried this with any web sites requireing Authentication.

Andrew
    Last edited by Grundig; 09/05/2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: left something out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig View Post
    Hi if using P-Tunes to Stream music from the internet, there is a button to luanch it the in P-Tunes. Once you switch to the true P-Tunes Application. You can then save the bookmark or look it up in the Internet Audio catagory of "All Music". When listening to from the main PTunes application you can then let it go to background mode...

I have not tried this with any web sites requireing Authentication.

Andrew
    Informative, thanks!
  5.    #5  
    I couldn't get this to work.. when I'm in ptunes streaming Xm, I am unable to get the file menu to popup when i hit the button for it in the lower right corner. Suggestions appreciated!!