Pocket Informant '07

AgendaFusion

Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Chatter
    Activesync/Exchange
    FlexMail '07

Butler
    PhoneAlarm (light and full). (For phone, profiles and repeat alarms)
    AlarmToday (even more powerful alarm center)

All of these apps work awesome for me and I can't seem to get the equivilent on the Windows OS.
    I mean, they are not ports of Palm programs which is what it sounds like you are looking for (and will never happen). There is also a difference between a program not existing and not liking how one works.

Having used all of the above (Palm and WM) they basically all do the same thing. Not trying to say one is better than the other but there are certainly equivalents for every Palm program out there. There's not one thing I can think of that is not available on either platform in this regard.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Can someone recommend a solution for Splash Money

In addition to Chatter, this was the killer app for PalmOS that did not work with StyleTap (wireless updates failed) and for which WM did not have an answer:

SplashMoney w/ wireless transaction downloads
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Bit Bucket, in one of your posts you mentioned that you were going to hack the resgistry to enable BT voice commands (to get autodialing?). Could you please clarify, can you do that and give step by step instructions at newbie level? Couple of threads are lamenting that once again BT voice dialing isn't a supported feature on the new Treo lines. A lot of treo users would love this function to be hacked in. Thanks for your help and have a great day.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I have been to WM and back. I just deactivated ppc-6700 for the 700p. While you can find software that can do somethings similar but there are quite a few irreplaceable programs.

Chatter- there is FlexMail, qmail, pocket outlook, etc. all of them have some strong points but fall way short of chatter and even Snapper. FlexMail 2006 and 2007 are as buggy as they can be and PocketOutlook comes way short with the lack of html support.

DA- nothing even close to it. Some developers working on ports but nothing yet. Until someone develops a program for WM that can do at least the basics of what DA does there never will be a Treo Killer.

Butler- I am a licensee of phonealarm and have used alarmtoday and neither of them replace butler, I enjoy the profiles from phone alarm and the total messaging control that it provides but could use some help in stability.

I dreaded coming back to a 320x320 screen and the not so great media capabilities of the treo. Outlook push mail works great and is a breeze to configure so it makes it enterprise friendly. Pocket IE is not great but generally performs better than Blazer and there is always Opera, Opera Mini, Netfront, Minimo (bloated unusable Firefox port), Webby, etc. Also the registry gives the user some alternatives to fixing problems (or hacking) in the OS default configuration while with Palm we are at the mercy of the firmware updates.

Both platforms are as close as they have ever been but in my eyes I will stick with Palm for now. BTW Access, please start including a copy of Netfront with the OS and throw Blazer away!!!
    DA- nothing even close to it. Some developers working on ports but nothing yet. Until someone develops a program for WM that can do at least the basics of what DA does there never will be a Treo Killer.
    I don't suppose this was good enough, eh? Been out for months now.

Also, it's not so much that no one thought to come up with it but most people just go to the source of DA: http://m.yp.com/ as opposed to installing another program.

Directory Assistance - 1.04

http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/images/da01.jpg

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    I have been to WM and back. I just deactivated ppc-6700 for the 700p. While you can find software that can do somethings similar but there are quite a few irreplaceable programs.

Chatter- there is FlexMail, qmail, pocket outlook, etc. all of them have some strong points but fall way short of chatter and even Snapper. FlexMail 2006 and 2007 are as buggy as they can be and PocketOutlook comes way short with the lack of html support.

Butler- I am a licensee of phonealarm and have used alarmtoday and neither of them replace butler, I enjoy the profiles from phone alarm and the total messaging control that it provides but could use some help in stability.

I dreaded coming back to a 320x320 screen and the not so great media capabilities of the treo. Outlook push mail works great and is a breeze to configure so it makes it enterprise friendly. Pocket IE is not great but generally performs better than Blazer and there is always Opera, Opera Mini, Netfront, Minimo (bloated unusable Firefox port), Webby, etc. Also the registry gives the user some alternatives to fixing problems (or hacking) in the OS default configuration while with Palm we are at the mercy of the firmware updates.

Both platforms are as close as they have ever been but in my eyes I will stick with Palm for now. BTW Access, please start including a copy of Netfront with the OS and throw Blazer away!!!
    Um....Blazer is based on Netfront.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12