1.    #1  
    Last week I won a bid for a 650 dummy for some parts, but when the dummy came, it was a 600 and the guy didn't realize it. Ah well, he refunded me, and now I have a 600 dummy lying around. Seeing how it was kinda neat (in a toyish kind of way), I decided to go dummy phone hunting, and I'm looking at getting a 700p dummy.

...which leads me to think...if a 650 dummy can be used for housing parts...then can a 700p housing be modified to fit a 650 inside it? I don't know, just throwing it out there. I'm getting the dummy regardless.

Check out this pic from a while back, it's a 700 prototype with the 650's keyboard layout! Didn't notice it till today, and maybe, just maybe, my 650 will end up like that...hahahah!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...Treo_700_1.jpg
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    If you can fit a square peg in a round circle, go for it.

I suppose this is conceivable but I wouldn't bet my beloved 650 on the attempt. If the placement of the camera is the same, and the keyboard ribbons are compatible ... you'd have to use the 700 keyboard, see, a 650's wouldn't fit. You might end up with buttons PalmOS has no idea what to do with, and more likely, it simply wouldn't work.
  4.    #4  
    Ah well, I'll just fool around with it to see what happens. Unlikely it'll work, but what the heck! Probably need a few mods to overcome the whole "square peg round circle" thing. :P
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA