1.    #1  
    I was thinking about giving Business Connection a try and had some question I was hoping you could help with because I can't find anything on Sprints website:

1) I will be using this service with my 700P with the Powervision plan. What is the monthly cost for person edition?

2) I am assuming that all email is push and that changes to my inbox will sync with my desktop PC outlook, correct? If so, can I see Outlook subfolders?

3) Will OUtlook always need to be running on my desktop, or just the Buisness Con software?

4) I see two other icons in the Buisness Connect icon - one for "Contacts" and one for "calander". Does this mean that you no longer use the default Palm Contacts and Calander - are there separate ones for buis connect?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mariog7; 09/03/2006 at 07:29 PM.
    Please see my response to your questions below...

Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    I was thinking about giving Business Connection a try and had some question I was hoping you could help with because I can't find anything on Sprints website:

1) I will be using this service with my 700P with the Powervision plan. What is the monthly cost for person edition?

Xpgeek: I pay $5/month for this service on top of my regular monthly Vision access charge.

2) I am assuming that all email is push and that changes to my inbox will sync with my desktop PC outlook, correct? If so, can I see Outlook subfolders?

Xpgeek: You can view all subfolders in your mailbox on the Sprint Business Connection website after you login. The Treo Sprint Business Connection application is limited to only letting you view your inbox. Also, an FYI... I believe the Push email capability only works with Microsoft Exchange server, but I'm not 100% positive on this.

3) Will OUtlook always need to be running on my desktop, or just the Buisness Con software?

Xpgeek: If you are using the Personal Edition, then yes.

4) I see two other icons in the Buisness Connect icon - one for "Contacts" and one for "calander". Does this mean that you no longer use the default Palm Contacts and Calander - are there separate ones for buis connect?

Xpgeek: This feature only works when using Sprint Business Connection with Microsoft Exchange server.

Thanks!
    Sounds awful. You can sync all of your folders with ChatterEmail for NO monthly fee. And you don't need to have your PC on.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Sounds awful. You can sync all of your folders with ChatterEmail for NO monthly fee. And you don't need to have your PC on.

Marc
    I didn't say I liked it but I'm stuck with it for now on a corporate-wide deployment scale. I'm also not the one paying for this service...my company is.

I tested your ChatterEmail product for awhile and couldn't get it to perform as well as Sprint Business Connection in regards to pushing email. I tried out the Exchange OWA plugin for ChatterEmail and found the push capability was not near as quick as BizConn and since I don't have IMAP access to my corporate email, that negates that option.
    xpgeek -

Push works within 1-2 seconds 99% of the time; my guess is that it wasn't configured properly or your carrier (or network) didn't support it.

Marc
    You may want to consider having hosted Exchange service (or doing it yourself in house) that will keep everything synchronized all the time...without having the client side application dictating the functionality. You will LOVE Push technology (i.e. GoodLink or ActiveSync).
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.