Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi.

I recently got a 700p and I'm trying to set up the Versamail. I'm trying to set it up so it will get my Roadrunner email. I put in the correct info but it won't retrieve anything. When I try to send mail, I get an error message: 550.5.7.1 "Relaying denied" Any idea what this means or how I can get Versamail to work? Thanks
    Hi,
    I've got the very same problem as you've got, with the exact same error message appearing whenever I try to send mail with Versamail on my 700P. However, this only happens using my Road Runner account; I can receive mail with this account, but not send mail it. On the other hand, with my AOL account, I can use Versamail to both send and receive mail on the 700P. I called Road Runner, but they couldn't help and told me to call Palm.
    I'm eager to see if anyone else has had this problem and has found a solution.
    In the past Road Runner did not allow anyone off of their cable network to send mail out through them - a security thing. This is probably still true. What you can do though is to configure your mailer to use your cell phone provider's email system to send replies through. Ben
    Roadrunner, Cox and various other providers don't allow you to use their SMTP servers unless you are signed in to an IP address on their systems (I think this is designed to eliminate hijacking their email accounts for spamming). The work around is to set up the your outgoing mail for that account using our wireless provider's server. A detailed article is on the Palm website:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...al2001#prevent

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Hi.

I recently got a 700p and I'm trying to set up the Versamail. I'm trying to set it up so it will get my Roadrunner email. I put in the correct info but it won't retrieve anything. When I try to send mail, I get an error message: 550.5.7.1 "Relaying denied" Any idea what this means or how I can get Versamail to work? Thanks